ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Amazon staff set to strike in UK on Black Friday in blow to shoppers

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Amazon staff set to strike in UK on Black Friday in blow to shoppers

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/m ... k-28058195

Members of the GMB union at the online giant's Coventry site in the West Midlands will walk out for three days, and again on November 24 - Black Friday - in a major blow to UK consumers.

Members of the GMB union at the online giant's Coventry site in the West Midlands will walk out for three days, and again on November 24 - Black Friday - in a major blow to UK consumers. (Image: AP)

Amazon staff are set to strike on Tuesday in a long-running dispute over pay. Members of the GMB union at the online giant's Coventry site in the West Midlands will walk out for three days, and again on November 24 - Black Friday - in a major blow to UK consumers.

The union announced that around 1,000 workers will be on strike after criticising a pay offer it said was worth £1 an hour. Rachel Fagan, GMB organiser, said in a statement: "The action will hit some of Amazon's busiest days in the lead-up to Black Friday and will bring total days lost to industrial action to nearly 30.

"This is an unprecedented and historic moment with low-paid workers taking on one of the world's most powerful corporations. This is our members' response to the failure of Amazon bosses to listen. Coventry is the beating heart of Amazon's distribution network; strike action this week and on Black Friday will ripple throughout the company's UK logistics.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired

BenacreNick

Re: Amazon staff set to strike in UK on Black Friday in blow to shoppers

Post by BenacreNick »

Strike if you want to Amazon, but don't dump your shite on me please. :no no
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

BenacreNick wrote:
08 Nov 2023, 09:24
Strike if you want to Amazon, but don't dump your shite on me please. :no no
You can just about guarantee that around then we'll see a mega surge in Amazon Tracked and maybe even seeing them send a shitload as SDs
guardianangel

Post by guardianangel »

Ive just got rid of my prime because even they are having troubles delivering in the time specified,bring back the shops :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle