ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Shrewsbury: Family pay tribute to DPD driver Aurman Singh who was murdered by gang after delivering parcels

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Shrewsbury: Family pay tribute to DPD driver Aurman Singh who was murdered by gang after delivering parcels

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.nationalworld.com/news/shre ... ls-4266673

The DPD driver was ambushed and killed by a gang while out delivering parcels.

The family of a DPD driver who was killed after being attacked by a machete-wielding gang in Shrewsbury have paid tribute saying “there are no words that could ever explain the impact this tragedy has had on me and my family”.

Aurman Singh, 23, was ambushed by the gang on Monday (August 21), as he delivered parcels in Berwick Avenue, Coton Hill. Despite the best efforts from the emergency services, he was pronounced dead at the scene.

The next day (Tuesday, August 22), four men aged 24, 22, 26 and 24 were arrested on suspicion of murder and remain in police custody. On Wednesday, a fifth person was arrested in Peterborough on suspicion of assisting an offender.

In a tribute, Aurman’s devastated family said: “There are no words that could ever explain the impact this tragedy has had on me and my family. Today a mother will grow old without her son. A sister will grow up without her brother. We don’t want what has happened to us to happen to another family.

“We would like to thank the police for conducting their investigation diligently and supporting us through this tough time.”

Detective Chief Inspector Mark Bellamy, of West Mercia Police, said: “Our thoughts are very much with the family and friends of Aurman at this difficult time. Our investigation is underway with officers carrying out a number of enquiries to establish the circumstances that led to Aurman’s murder.

“We know Aurman was a delivery person however at this stage we do not believe this was the motive for his death and we are not investigating this as a robbery. We believe those involved are known to each other and are not local to Shrewsbury or the wider West Mercia Police area.

“We have so far arrested five people in connection with the murder and are progressing all other lines of enquiry to locate and arrest outstanding suspects.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired