ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Prime idiot! Moment Amazon driver gets wedged between Grade-II listed buildings in Cornish seaside village

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Prime idiot! Moment Amazon driver gets wedged between Grade-II listed buildings in Cornish seaside village

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... llage.html

An Amazon delivery driver got cornered into a tight spot when his Satnav took him down a narrow street in Cornwall, wedging him between two Grade II listed buildings.

The 33 ton lorry was travelling to St Agnes on the North Coast when it reached a tricky junction between roads in the seaside village.

Images show the truck, emblazoned with the recognisable Amazon logo, trying to manoeuvre around a tight bend, practically touching both buildings on opposite sides of the street.

The incident happened shortly before 5pm on Friday evening.

It took a reported 25 minutes for the driver to finally free himself.

Images show the truck, emblazoned with the recognisable Amazon logo, trying to manoeuvre around a tight bend, practically touching both buildings on opposite sides of the street

The driver was trapped between two Grade II listed buildings in the seaside town

According to residents in St Anges, many motorists have previously fallen victim to the blunder, with satnavs being notorious for taking vehicles down the very tight turn, leaving them stuck.

One local said he spoke to the driver, who had fallen victim to the same issue.

'He wouldn't reverse and kept driving forward'. they said. 'After about 25 minutes and multiple dents on the vehicle he managed to free the lorry.

'I hope he hasn't damaged the grade-II listed buildings in the village.

'The lovely driver blamed Satnav. Don't Amazon sell proper Satnavs for HGVs?'
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired