ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Swiss Post goes fully electric in Zurich and Bern

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Swiss Post goes fully electric in Zurich and Bern

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.electrive.com/2023/02/02/sw ... -and-bern/

Citizens in the Swiss cities of Zurich and Bern will now have their letters and parcels delivered by electric vehicle. By the end of 2024, all delivery vehicles in Geneva and Basel will also become fully electric, as well as some 50 other locations in the mountainous country.

According to Swiss Post, the CEP provider already operates the biggest electric fleet in Switzerland: about 6,000 three-wheeled electric scooters and 500 four-wheeled electric vehicles for the delivery of letters and parcels, as well as 650 electric vehicles (for example, forklifts) used in other areas, such as sorting and (un-)loading.

In Zurich and Basel, there are a total of 568 electric vehicles in service, comprised of 374 electric scooters and 194 electric delivery vehicles.

One of the biggest challenges that Swiss Post has to deal with when using only electric vehicles is the planning of the delivery routes, because the vehicles have a limited range. The company explains that it is gradually equipping its locations with electric infrastructure, which poses another potential hurdle, as not all locations are owned by Swiss Post. Of the approximately 450 logistic centres operated by Swiss Post, around 140 are already equipped with charging infrastructure.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."