ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

January sales UK Amazon workers in first ever strike over 'horrendous' working conditions and pay

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

January sales UK Amazon workers in first ever strike over 'horrendous' working conditions and pay

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/ ... ker-strike

Staff staging the UK's first Amazon strike are "coming out fighting" as a 50p hourly pay rise for toils in a "horrendous" workplace is not enough, a union says.

The GMB’s Amanda Gearing said members walking out at the Coventry warehouse deserved “decent pay”.

She said: “When the workers have got nothing to lose, you see them coming out fighting. The depots are just horrendous places to work.”

Workers are under huge pressure to hit targets, she said, adding: “We’ve got injuries and more ambulances coming here than any other UK warehouse.”

Striker Garfield Hilton said even trips to the toilet are questioned, by managers who want “every minute maximised”.

An Amazon spokesman said: “The vast majority of ambulance call-outs are related to pre-existing conditions. You can use the toilet whenever you like.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired