ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bulgarian Postal Workers Demand Higher Wages, Threaten Strike

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bulgarian Postal Workers Demand Higher Wages, Threaten Strike

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.bta.bg/en/news/economy/3954 ... ten-strike

Bulgarian postal workers demand a 25% pay raise and threaten to strike if the management of Bulgarian Post AD ignores their demand, union leader Plamen Donchev told BTA Tuesday. "Next week we expect to meet with the management of the company to discuss our demand. Then it will be clear whether we will have an agreement or move to strike action," he said.

Donchev said that wages have never been as low in Bulgarian Post AD and the workers feel that "it can't get any worse". "Bulgarian Post say that it has no money and that it is making a huge loss. We have been hearing this for 10-15 years," added Donchev.

A few days ago, the Confederation of Independent Trade Unions in Bulgaria (CITUB) announced starting a procedure to launch effective strike action at Bulgarian Post. They also said that they are negotiating joint action with the Podkrepa Labour Confederation. The possible strike will involve suspension of services by post offices.

Bulgarian Post ordered to come up with pay raise scenarios

Deputy Prime Minister and Transport and Communications Minister Hristo Alexiev said during a meeting with CITUB and Podkrepa unions that he has instructed the Bulgarian Post management to look into possible wage raise scenarios and propose them. He also said that the food vouchers that postal workers get will be increased to the worth of BGN 100 from BGN 60, reported Alexiev's Ministry.

Alexiev pointed out that talks will be held with the Bulgarian Development Bank and the Ministry of Finance in a bid to restructure BGN 72 million in Bulgarian Post debts and scrap the BGN 8 million in interest due per year.

"Bulgarian Post is in urgent need of stabilization and restructuring, technological upgrade and better working conditions," the Minister said. He called the unions "partners" and said that they need to sit down and discuss the available options "to make sure the company doesn't go bankrupt".
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired