ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Finland - Police detain 23-year-old on suspicion of murdering postal worker

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Finland - Police detain 23-year-old on suspicion of murdering postal worker

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://yle.fi/a/3-12679525

The postal worker was the victim of a brutal attack in Vantaa early on Thursday morning, and died in hospital on Saturday from injuries sustained in the assault.

Police have detained a suspect following the killing of a postal worker in the Myyrmäki district of Vantaa last week.

Police in East Uusimaa are continuing to investigate the brutal attack, which occurred at around 3.30am on Thursday.

The victim died in hospital on Saturday from the injuries sustained in the attack.

Police said the 23-year-old suspect was apprehended on the night of the incident, and is being held in custody at East Uusimaa District Court under suspicion of murder. The suspect has a previous criminal record.

Police have asked the public to come forward with any information that may be relevant to the case, particularly activity seen in the Myyrmäki and Kaivoksela neighbourhoods of Vantaa between 3 and 4am on Thursday 17 November.

"All observations and information are valuable to us and we are particularly interested in a man, dressed in all black, who was in the area," Detective Inspector Tero Tyynelä wrote in a police press release.

Victim's colleagues "shocked" by attack
In a press statement issued on Saturday, Posti confirmed with "our great sorrow" the death of the employee and added that the victim's colleagues were shocked by the incident.

"Our whole work community is deeply shocked by what has happened and the very sad news. Our thoughts are with the family and loved ones of our deceased colleague, and we want to express our deepest condolences for them in these difficult and hard times. We hope that the family, loved ones and our work community of our deceased colleague are allowed to process the grief in peace," Posti's Senior Vice President of Human Resources, Timo Koskinen, wrote in the company statement.

He added that Posti will provide support and assistance to colleagues and family members of the deceased.

"We have offered and continue to offer crisis assistance, and here our internal team is also supported by crisis assistance professionals from our occupational health services. We also offer support to the next of kin," Koskinen said.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired