ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ukraine's postal service resuming work in liberated territories of Donetsk Oblast

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Ukraine's postal service resuming work in liberated territories of Donetsk Oblast

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://english.nv.ua/business/ukraine- ... 82472.html

Four stationary post offices and eight mobile operating in liberated parts of Donetsk Oblast (Photo:Ukrposhta)

Ukraine’s state-owned Ukrposhta postal service has reopened four post offices in liberated settlements in Donetsk Oblast, the company’s press service reported on Nov. 8.

In particular, the company reopened two offices in Lyman, and one each in Yarova and Sviatohirsk.

According to the press service, six post offices were operating in Lyman before the war. Two of them have been reopened, while another four are still closed due to damage from Russian shelling.

In total, four stationary post offices and eight mobile post offices are operating in the liberated territories of Donetsk Oblast.

Ukrposhta post offices are covering all of the 40 liberated villages and towns of the Lyman and Sviatohirsk united territorial communities, including thanks to the work of crews of mobile post offices from other locations.

According to Vadym Shestopalov, director of Ukrposhta’s Donetsk Directorate, most premises in the liberated territories have been destroyed or badly damaged. The budget for the complete restoration of one post office, including the equipment stolen by the Russian invaders, amounts to UAH 1 million ($27,346), and there are four such in Lyman.

However, mobile post offices will provide a full range of services, he said.

Shestopalov added that Ukrposhta plans to automate mobile post offices starting next year, which means they will also provide banking services in villages.

Some 84 stationary and 21 mobile post offices are operating in Donetsk Oblast as of early November.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."