ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Moment angry Yodel driver caught booting apartment block door in bizarre rage

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Moment angry Yodel driver caught booting apartment block door in bizarre rage

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... t-22094572

"Even if he was having a bad day or running late on deliveries, this is completely unacceptable."

A delivery driver was caught trying to 'kick in' an apartment door after the intercom system failed to unlock it.

Craig Siddall, who lives at Valley Mill Lane, Bury, captured the moment on his doorbell camera on Saturday (November 6).

The bizarre footage shows the delivery man kick the central apartment block door with his foot after it failed to let him in when the buzzer was pressed.

The door frame has been left damaged according to resident Craig, who says the 'wood has split' and the metal mechanism, which was only fitted two weeks ago, has been left bent.

Yodel say it has taken 'appropriate action' against the driver and have apologised to the resident.

It comes just weeks after apartment owners had to folk out £80 each to have a new door intercom system fitted.

Craig, 37, and partner Caroline, 39, had been waiting for a Christmas gift to arrive for a colleague when the incident took place.

The video footage shows the delivery driver, dressed in a high-vis jacket, speaking to Caroline over the intercom to tell her he had the parcel.

But after the door fails to open, he walks backwards before kicking the door with some force.

Homeowner Craig then confronted the delivery driver and asked "do you want to pay for a f***ing repair?"

Speaking to the Manchester Evening News , he said: "We heard the buzzer go and my wife answered and it was the delivery of a parcel we had been expecting.

"She pressed the unlock button but it obviously must not have worked or she didn't hold it for long enough, and he just started kicking it.

"I looked out the window and just couldn't believe it. We only just had a new intercom system fitted a few weeks ago.

"I went out angry to ask him why he had kicked the door.

"We all take pride in where we live and we all pay management fees for the upkeep of the apartments.

"It has really caused some damage to the door.

"I have reported it to the police as criminal damage.

"It was just strange. Even if he was having a bad day or running late on his deliveries, it is completely unacceptable."

Craig says that the door frame will now need to be inspected and he intends to contact the management company about the damage.

Delivery company Yodel say they have taken action against the driver and have apologised to Craig.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."