ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Japan to install golden mailboxes in honor of Tokyo Games winners

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Japan to install golden mailboxes in honor of Tokyo Games winners

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2021 ... nners.html

Japan will replace red mailboxes with golden ones in places linked to champions at the upcoming Tokyo Games in honor of their achievements, according to the government and Japan Post Co.

Every time a Japanese athlete wins a gold medal at the Olympics or Paralympics, a mailbox will be replaced by a golden one in a location linked to them such as their hometown or training base, the Cabinet Secretariat and the postal services unit of Japan Post Holdings Co. said.

"I hope we can install as many (golden mailboxes) as possible throughout the country," Japan Post President and CEO Kazuhide Kinugawa told a press conference Monday.

The golden mailboxes will display the medalist's name, sport and hometown in Japanese, English and Braille. For team sports, the names of coaches will also be displayed, according to Japan Post.

The mailboxes will be set up with the approval of the medalists and remain in place after the games.

Britain's postal service operator Royal Mail Group repainted around 110 mailboxes gold throughout the country to honor champions at the 2012 London Olympics and Paralympics, attracting sports fans and tourists, according to the Cabinet Secretariat.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."