not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE




Rico Back, Royal Mail CEO purchases 'ANOTHER' 150,000 shares on June 4 at 1.98 = GBP297,516

05 Jun 2019, 11:06

Rico Back, Royal Mail CEO purchases another 150,000 shares on June 4 at £1.98 = £297,516:

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/RMG/14099451.html

Buy low, sell high?

Rico Back, Royal Mail CEO purchases 'ANOTHER' 150,000 shares on June 4 at 1.98 = GBP297,516

05 Jun 2019, 13:02

How many is that now, anyone keeping count? :cuppa

Rico Back, Royal Mail CEO purchases 'ANOTHER' 150,000 shares on June 4 at 1.98 = GBP297,516

05 Jun 2019, 15:38

Rewarding failure :Applause

Rico Back, Royal Mail CEO purchases 'ANOTHER' 150,000 shares on June 4 at 1.98 = GBP297,516

05 Jun 2019, 16:45

Perhaps when they get back up to £6.00 he is going to donate them to the employees for all their hard work and commitment?

Rico Back, Royal Mail CEO purchases 'ANOTHER' 150,000 shares on June 4 at 1.98 = GBP297,516

05 Jun 2019, 18:06

wacko74 wrote:Perhaps when they get back up to £6.00 he is going to donate them to the employees for all their hard work and commitment?

That's when he will leave

Rico Back, Royal Mail CEO purchases 'ANOTHER' 150,000 shares on June 4 at 1.98 = GBP297,516

05 Jun 2019, 18:49

POSTMAN wrote:How many is that now, anyone keeping count? :cuppa


don't no postman but its starting to really p me off now :shock: :evil/mad

Rico Back, Royal Mail CEO purchases 'ANOTHER' 150,000 shares on June 4 at 1.98 = GBP297,516

05 Jun 2019, 19:19

About £1M worth

Rico Back, Royal Mail CEO purchases 'ANOTHER' 150,000 shares on June 4 at 1.98 = GBP297,516

06 Jun 2019, 15:00

What do you expect with this tory shambles of a government, it’s wrong but it ain’t illegal!

The rich looking after themselves and their mates while shitting on the poor.

Rico Back, Royal Mail CEO purchases 'ANOTHER' 150,000 shares on June 4 at 1.98 = GBP297,516

06 Jun 2019, 15:53

That's how the market works buy cheap and sell high, the glut will be from posties selling off their shares and causing the value to go down.

Rico Back, Royal Mail CEO purchases 'ANOTHER' 150,000 shares on June 4 at 1.98 = GBP297,516

08 Jun 2019, 09:49

The biggest problem with Royal Mail is that we all still treat it like a state owned company. It seems that a lot of money is haemorrhaging through poor decisions and unnecessary spending on trying to save money (spend millions to save pennies). There's only so much cutting, slashing and selling property can go before there's nothing else to cut or sell.
Royal Mail have just made everything so complicated. Managers who are employed are just posties in a suit. They have no proper training in the company and how to treat staff.
The union are not blameless either. It is case of a game of cat and mouse. Both the union and management are chipping away at the 3 century old business who I have I had the privilege to work for for over 3 decades. It is probably the past decade that I have noticed everything taking a nose dive. Probably some staff noticed it well before then. I understand the letters side of the business is taking a decline but it seems that Royal Mail have not invented something to counter the loss on this side of the business. It seems that they are more interested in cutting staff and selling property.
Then they make decisions that are really poor. i.e they give a manager EVR (2 years pay) then after 2 years re-employ this manager but this time they end up with a promotion. So in theory, Royal Mail have paid this person 2 years gardening leave?
I'm sure that this is happening all over the country.
Lets be honest here, Royal Mail is not a bad company to work for. It pays extremely well for an unskilled job. There are not many companies pay you the same, if there are, no doubt they are very few and far between plus you would have to work for your money.
I know people who have left thinking tbe grass is greener on the otherside but have returned or want to return. So, it's not that bad. I think the biggest and saddest thing is the way it is run. Since privatisation, nothing seems to have moved. The company is still stuck in its old ways. Slowly but surely both union and management chip away til eventually they chip away, from both ends, so much that the only time they meet in the middle is when nothing is left. The only winners are the directors who walk away with a good pay off and pension but the frontline walk away with nothing.
This company is not untouchable. Companies we thought were untouchable and been around for years have vanished and the workers have been left with nothing.
Unfortunately, the government will not bail us out. They haven't bailed out anyone else so what makes us any different? There are plenty of companies out there who will rub their hands together and cherry pick parts of the business.
In my opinion, unless we all change our attitudes and see the bigger picture, this company is doomed.
Soon there will be nothing to take industrial action against. Although I will always support my union and, yes, they have achieved quite a bit but they do let themselves down too. Some of the future demands will eventually be impossible to even think of let alone implement.
It is sad to see that a company that was once very much world recognised is slowly but surely having its day and a company that was once a pride and joy of the UK has just declined into a company that has been cut and slashed to a skeleton and now the bones, that was surrounded by flesh, are now being cut away at...the company seems to have an incurable disease which will end up being terminal... :-(

Rico Back, Royal Mail CEO purchases 'ANOTHER' 150,000 shares on June 4 at 1.98 = GBP297,516

08 Jun 2019, 11:59

RM doesn't pay ''extremely well'' for an unskilled job at all... we come out with just over £1 more than the national living wage.

And I'd say being an OPG is considerably more demanding (physically and mentally) and comes with more responsibility than many other typical ''unskilled'' jobs such as working on a production line or working in retail.

Rico Back, Royal Mail CEO purchases 'ANOTHER' 150,000 shares on June 4 at 1.98 = GBP297,516

08 Jun 2019, 13:10

Well, I beg to differ on that score. I don't seem to do too bad out of it. As for elsewhere, if that's the case, why are we not leaving and going to these so called better paid jobs? I would love one if you can tell me where and no doubt you will have to work shifts? Do they get sick pay and upto 6 weeks holiday a year + bank holidays? And I bet you have to work for your money too. I admit that delivery is probably the worse role in Royal Mail but over the years staff have only killed the jobs by using their own vehicles (although that's not happening now), coming in early to prep, not having their meal reliefs and then running round to make time. Even now, there are still staff who probably break all the rules to make time.
As for minimum wage, that is counter productive by itself. When the minimum wage goes up, so does the cost of living as prices are increased to compensate for the minimum wage. Other wages freeze thus end up getting closer to the minimum wage. So, the minimum wage means nothing if the cost of living isn't controlled too.
We can argue about better jobs out there but the fact is, this company is clutching straws to survive. We seem to think it is untouchable. Frontline staff and management. Is it a case we play cat and mouse with each other? Or do we somewhere try to work together to make it work and be a success? No doubt if this company goes down, there are better jobs out there for the over 100,000 workforce? Hmmmmm...I think we all need a reality check there. One thing is certain, while this company has people who exploit the company, abuse the system, break the rules and disrespect each other. When it all falls down, the winners are the directors. Fail or win, they all end up with a nice pension and lump sum. What do we frontline staff get?

Rico Back, Royal Mail CEO purchases 'ANOTHER' 150,000 shares on June 4 at 1.98 = GBP297,516

08 Jun 2019, 15:26

UnionJackJay wrote:Well, I beg to differ on that score. I don't seem to do too bad out of it. As for elsewhere, if that's the case, why are we not leaving and going to these so called better paid jobs? I would love one if you can tell me where and no doubt you will have to work shifts? Do they get sick pay and upto 6 weeks holiday a year + bank holidays? And I bet you have to work for your money too. I admit that delivery is probably the worse role in Royal Mail but over the years staff have only killed the jobs by using their own vehicles (although that's not happening now), coming in early to prep, not having their meal reliefs and then running round to make time. Even now, there are still staff who probably break all the rules to make time.
As for minimum wage, that is counter productive by itself. When the minimum wage goes up, so does the cost of living as prices are increased to compensate for the minimum wage. Other wages freeze thus end up getting closer to the minimum wage. So, the minimum wage means nothing if the cost of living isn't controlled too.
We can argue about better jobs out there but the fact is, this company is clutching straws to survive. We seem to think it is untouchable. Frontline staff and management. Is it a case we play cat and mouse with each other? Or do we somewhere try to work together to make it work and be a success? No doubt if this company goes down, there are better jobs out there for the over 100,000 workforce? Hmmmmm...I think we all need a reality check there. One thing is certain, while this company has people who exploit the company, abuse the system, break the rules and disrespect each other. When it all falls down, the winners are the directors. Fail or win, they all end up with a nice pension and lump sum. What do we frontline staff get?


Bigger rounds or extra lapsing...

Rico Back, Royal Mail CEO purchases 'ANOTHER' 150,000 shares on June 4 at 1.98 = GBP297,516

08 Jun 2019, 16:50

wacko74 wrote:RM doesn't pay ''extremely well'' for an unskilled job at all... we come out with just over £1 more than the national living wage.

And I'd say being an OPG is considerably more demanding (physically and mentally) and comes with more responsibility than many other typical ''unskilled'' jobs such as working on a production line or working in retail.

Get working in home bargains for £8 then

Rico Back, Royal Mail CEO purchases 'ANOTHER' 150,000 shares on June 4 at 1.98 = GBP297,516

08 Jun 2019, 16:54

The shares collapsed quick after he arrived

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3