not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Royal Mail Boss Comes Back For More Shares

12 Dec 2018, 13:25

https://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/news/AN_1544543564017262800/director-dealings-royal-mail-boss-comes-back-for-more-shares.aspx

DIRECTOR DEALINGS: Royal Mail Boss Comes Back For More Shares

LONDON (Alliance News) - Royal Mail Group PLC said Chief Executive Officer Rico Back acquired shares worth GBP435,000 in the postal firm in a transaction on Tuesday.

Back - who replaced Moya Greene as CEO in September - bought 150,000 shares at 290 pence each. Shares in Royal Mail were 0.7% higher at 298.90 pence on Tuesday.

The total holding of Back after the transaction was not disclosed.

The current buy follows another purchase by Back. In late November, Back acquired 112,000 shares in Royal Mail worth GBP356,078.

Copyright 2018 Alliance News Limited. All Rights Reserved.

12 Dec 2018, 15:24

Is he just trying to protect his extortionate wage? It’s money in the bank for him either way. The whole thing stinks.

12 Dec 2018, 17:01

Insider trading :whistle :whistle :whistle

12 Dec 2018, 17:37

Its Rico time :nana

12 Dec 2018, 18:26

How can somebody who can influence the price of the shares be allowed to buy shares . :dance

12 Dec 2018, 19:29

Said this from the beginning. How can a CEO issue a profit (prophet of doom) warning then buy hundreds of thousands of pounds of shares when the price plummets? No doubt some of his bezzies bought shitloads too!

12 Dec 2018, 20:01

olilew wrote:Said this from the beginning. How can a CEO issue a profit (prophet of doom) warning then buy hundreds of thousands of pounds of shares when the price plummets? No doubt some of his bezzies bought shitloads too!

Because he has to issue a profit warning if it is required, have you read the half-year financial report? How would you interpret that differently?

The price has n't gone up yet! He bought half his shares at 318 the price stands at 310, not exactly cleaning up is he?

12 Dec 2018, 20:05

Hope they reach £6 again wont be too many complaining then.

12 Dec 2018, 20:25

As Maggie said "Greed is Good"

12 Dec 2018, 20:32

mickeymacca wrote:
olilew wrote:Said this from the beginning. How can a CEO issue a profit (prophet of doom) warning then buy hundreds of thousands of pounds of shares when the price plummets? No doubt some of his bezzies bought shitloads too!

Because he has to issue a profit warning if it is required, have you read the half-year financial report? How would you interpret that differently?

The price has n't gone up yet! He bought half his shares at 318 the price stands at 310, not exactly cleaning up is he?
Not bad on the £400k at 280 ave though. Eh.

12 Dec 2018, 21:13

Shares brought on 11/12 were traded at 2.90 along with the previous trades at 300 and 318, so not not sure where you got your average of 280 figure from? Eh.
Last edited by TrueBlueTerrier on 13 Dec 2018, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: sorted misquotes on previous post

12 Dec 2018, 21:17

aiden01 wrote:Hope they reach £6 again wont be too many complaining then.

It's what he's got planned to get them back to £6 that needs to be of concern!

Cuts on the way - EVR's - Sackings for the slightest thing - Closures and mergers more asset stripping

Get ready for the new fight!

12 Dec 2018, 22:04

Phantom wrote:
aiden01 wrote:Hope they reach £6 again wont be too many complaining then.

It's what he's got planned to get them back to £6 that needs to be of concern!

Cuts on the way - EVR's - Sackings for the slightest thing - Closures and mergers more asset stripping

Get ready for the new fight!

So nothing new then.

13 Dec 2018, 06:40

mickeymacca wrote:Please edit that Rambo1, you have placed your comment in my post, and the last thing I want to do is take credit for such a nugget of an observation.

Shares brought on 11/12 were traded at 2.90 along with the previous trades at 300 and 318, so not not sure where you got your average of 280 figure from? Eh.

Of course,I apologize for my fat fingered mistake. As you pointed out, his latest purchase was at a 290 average. The principal is still the same however, he is up on these purchases.
Once again, appols for my mistake. :confused

13 Dec 2018, 15:31

rambo1 wrote:
mickeymacca wrote:Please edit that Rambo1, you have placed your comment in my post, and the last thing I want to do is take credit for such a nugget of an observation.

Of course,I apologize for my fat fingered mistake. As you pointed out, his latest purchase was at a 290 average. The principal is still the same however, he is up on these purchases.
Once again, appols for my mistake. :confused

haha, no probs mate.

He'll have made a negligible amount if anything (not sure how many he brought at 318, which will of course negate the gains made on the others) if its a money making exercise for him it will more likely be a mid to long term one, so he has n't made any money until he sells.

I think it is much more likely he's brought to attract confidence in the company. And he's backing himself to produce the goods, putting his money where his mouth is if you like, I quite like that.

Although like Phantom above, I think its going to be to our detriment, I know we've heard it all before but I think this time they mean it.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2