not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Share drop

02 Oct 2018, 16:50

Now that the share price has dropped dramatically is now the time to sign up to the partnership and matching share scheme?

Share drop

02 Oct 2018, 16:55

The phrase 'throwing good money after bad' comes to mind.

Share drop

02 Oct 2018, 16:57

Celgar wrote:The phrase 'throwing good money after bad' comes to mind.

Sometimes the secret is buy when others are selling

Share drop

02 Oct 2018, 17:05

Not in this case methinks. I don't see any reason for Black to release this kind of information. It does sound like the Canadian woman made a massive cock-up in her predictions for future cost cutting - probably with a view to increasing her bonus payouts in future years. I would have thought it would be better for Black to keep that data under his hat and work to improve the situation instead.

Share drop

02 Oct 2018, 17:10

Celgar wrote:Not in this case methinks. I don't see any reason for Black to release this kind of information. It does sound like the Canadian woman made a massive cock-up in her predictions for future cost cutting - probably with a view to increasing her bonus payouts in future years. I would have thought it would be better for Black to keep that data under his hat and work to improve the situation instead.

But on the flip side he might have seen the potential for the future and released this state to drop the share price so he can buy in low and next year possibly announce record profits.

Share drop

02 Oct 2018, 20:10

number one wrote:
Celgar wrote:Not in this case methinks. I don't see any reason for Black to release this kind of information. It does sound like the Canadian woman made a massive cock-up in her predictions for future cost cutting - probably with a view to increasing her bonus payouts in future years. I would have thought it would be better for Black to keep that data under his hat and work to improve the situation instead.

But on the flip side he might have seen the potential for the future and released this state to drop the share price so he can buy in low and next year possibly announce record profits.

Pretty sure after an announcement like that that there is a lockout period where directors cannot buy or sell for that very reason.

Share drop

02 Oct 2018, 20:15

After a profit warning RNS like we had on Monday there is no "lockout" and Directors often buy after such a warning to try and instil some market confidence.

Share drop

02 Oct 2018, 21:42

number one wrote:Now that the share price has dropped dramatically is now the time to sign up to the partnership and matching share scheme?

Yes(probably - I don't know your personal circumstances) with the 32% discount from Tax & NI savings, unless the company is really going to go tits up.then I think it's worth it. I'm already invested at the max amount each week and the share price fall means I'm going to get more shares for my buck for a little while.

Disclaimer - only invest with money you can afford to lose ( or part thereof ).

Share drop

03 Oct 2018, 15:14

Must be a coincidence that the share price has plummeted shortly after many staff were locked into the pre election selling period. Gotta a feeling the hedge funds will make a killing. Sit tight and buy at this price.

Share drop

05 Oct 2018, 11:04

its all stuff and nonsense :crazy:

Share drop

05 Oct 2018, 13:13

It's at the lowest I've seen it. It was very predictable this would happen though.

Share drop

05 Oct 2018, 14:03

More money lost today. I was expecting up to a 20% loss, not the 50% loss it may well be before the 15th and there is nothing I can do about it, while hedge funds wait with glee to hoover up my shares very cheaply. I can't believe our own chief executive started my losses, just as we are about to sell.

Share drop

05 Oct 2018, 17:14

I can see the shares falling much more.

The profit warning this week is only the start. I expect another warning or 2.

I expect the divi to be cut.

I expect a sub 100p share price.

Failing that I see marxist Corbyn getting the company for peanuts.

Either way the the future looks bleak for the share price.

Share drop

05 Oct 2018, 19:44

dancingqueen wrote:I can see the shares falling much more.

The profit warning this week is only the start. I expect another warning or 2.

I expect the divi to be cut.

I expect a sub 100p share price.

Failing that I see marxist Corbyn getting the company for peanuts.

Either way the the future looks bleak for the share price.

Who let the grim reaper in.

Share drop

05 Oct 2018, 19:50

What people don't seem to be mentioning is the market is very unstable due to the Brexit negotiations, it's just unlucky how bad the timing of the maturity is. The company is still in a very good financial position and has a solid standing and future in the market, bide your time and the price will steadily rise again. All of this bedwetting is daft.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2