not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

How to dump the share price.

02 Oct 2018, 12:58

Easy, make an unexpected announcement of falling profits.
Unbelievable.

02 Oct 2018, 13:02

Typical of RM

Shoot ya self in the foot

Just like parcels are our future so lets stick the prices up and drive customers away

Smiffy

02 Oct 2018, 13:15

Just in time for postal workers to register an interest to sell. It stinks.

02 Oct 2018, 13:26

anybody who didn't see that coming doesn't know Royal Mail. they are noted for this kind of crap. all those shares sold at a piss poor rate will be snapped up cheaply by their goons and cronies, then they'll announce record Christmas profits and the shares will shoot back up.

02 Oct 2018, 14:24

daveyeff wrote:anybody who didn't see that coming doesn't know Royal Mail. they are noted for this kind of crap. all those shares sold at a piss poor rate will be snapped up cheaply by their goons and cronies, then they'll announce record Christmas profits and the shares will shoot back up.

Spot on , said this to a mate at work a few months ago .

02 Oct 2018, 14:32

How much time and effort would have to go into deliberately dumping the share price (not to mention the possible illegality) and how much does anyone stand to gain?
If this was really a deliberate attempt to screw posties out of their shares, all you have to do is hold on to them for a few more months (until after the record xmas profits announcement!) and the subterfuge will have been easily defeated.
Never really been one for conspiracy theories.

02 Oct 2018, 14:32

Monday morning at 10 am, I made a request to sell my 2013 shares after 15th October, after five years of hard work for Royal Mail. I was about to get a reward for my effort for the company. I was told by an automated voice that this choice was irreversible and I thought well I will take a small chance on some share price fluctuation. Little did I know that, that afternoon our new chief exec, would issue a profits warning, which would see the share price plummet by a third in two days. First of all, many thanks to our new boss for that. Secondly, surely this must be wrong. Can companies issue profit warnings just before a possible 10% sale in the company. If the wrong people know about this, they can hoover up all the shares committed by posties, through the automated selling line and make a huge killing as the price rises over the next few months and years, whilst we have lost money. Whatever, unless the share price rebounds by the 15th, I have lost up to a third. Once again, thanks for that.

02 Oct 2018, 14:47

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

02 Oct 2018, 14:50

clashcityrocker wrote:How much time and effort would have to go into deliberately dumping the share price (not to mention the possible illegality) and how much does anyone stand to gain?
If this was really a deliberate attempt to screw posties out of their shares, all you have to do is hold on to them for a few more months (until after the record xmas profits announcement!) and the subterfuge will have been easily defeated.
Never really been one for conspiracy theories.

once you've committed to sell there is no pulling out. hence the ''unexpected'' profit warning announcement, leading to the inevitable plummet.

02 Oct 2018, 14:54

daveyeff wrote:once you've committed to sell there is no pulling out. hence the ''unexpected'' profit warning announcement, leading to the inevitable plummet.

So how many people have committed to sell? How much are these people (who are they? The illuminati?) actually going to make?
Who is Rico in league with?

02 Oct 2018, 14:57

Royal Mail will have that answer, and they wont be sharing it. if you'll pardon the pun. :Very Happy

02 Oct 2018, 15:07

daveyeff wrote:anybody who didn't see that coming doesn't know Royal Mail. they are noted for this kind of crap. all those shares sold at a piss poor rate will be snapped up cheaply by their goons and cronies, then they'll announce record Christmas profits and the shares will shoot back up.

Well, if you're that sure, get yerself a share dealing account and put your savings into buying rmg shares while they're this price and sell them in the new yr......if you think its that simple.

02 Oct 2018, 15:10

rambo1 wrote:

Well, if you're that sure, get yerself a share dealing account and put your savings into buying rmg shares while they're this price and sell them in the new yr......if you think its that simple.

not that simple for the likes of us, but it is for Chris Hohn,.. Rico Back, and his lackies.
Last edited by daveyeff on 02 Oct 2018, 16:08, edited 2 times in total.

02 Oct 2018, 15:11

stephen500 wrote:Monday morning at 10 am, I made a request to sell my 2013 shares after 15th October, after five years of hard work for Royal Mail. I was about to get a reward for my effort for the company. I was told by an automated voice that this choice was irreversible and I thought well I will take a small chance on some share price fluctuation. Little did I know that, that afternoon our new chief exec, would issue a profits warning, which would see the share price plummet by a third in two days. First of all, many thanks to our new boss for that. Secondly, surely this must be wrong. Can companies issue profit warnings just before a possible 10% sale in the company. If the wrong people know about this, they can hoover up all the shares committed by posties, through the automated selling line and make a huge killing as the price rises over the next few months and years, whilst we have lost money. Whatever, unless the share price rebounds by the 15th, I have lost up to a third. Once again, thanks for that.

You were warned that it would probably be the worse time to sell. Your choice , you live with it I'm afraid, that's the stock markets for you. Every company issuing profit warnings ATM are getting hammered.

02 Oct 2018, 15:13

daveyeff wrote:
rambo1 wrote:

not that simple for the likes of us, but it is for Chris Honn,.. Rico Back, and his lackies.

Actually it is very simple, if you want to do it however there is risk involved.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 5   1, 2, 3, 4, 5