not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Financial Times Journalist request to speak with employee shareholders

02 Oct 2018, 12:42

Hi everyone,

My name is Michael Pooler - I am a reporter at the Financial Times and have been covering Royal Mail for several years, particularly around the industrial dispute and pensions agreement.

Following the sharp fall in the company's share price today, I am trying to speak with employees who have held onto some or all of their shares with the intent of selling them tax-free later this month. From what I hear it sounds like a lot of people may have missed out on potential gains by not selling earlier.

If anyone would like to talk with me, let me know and I can give you a call this afternoon.

Thanks,

Michael

Journalist request to speak with employee shareholders

02 Oct 2018, 12:46

I think the ones who were desperate to sell sold them after 3 years so I think most will hold onto there shares now.

Seeing as most would have lost near to a £1000 with the share price drop of the available shares they would have been able to sell.

Journalist request to speak with employee shareholders

02 Oct 2018, 12:54

'obviously' it's a case of our peeps holding on until the price goes up ect.
Such a corrupt company, when the share price is needed to be higher the powers that be will make sure that happens. :Sick

02 Oct 2018, 13:00

It was obvious that they were going to pull some stunt like this to screw over the people who keep them in profits.

02 Oct 2018, 13:13

rm should be done with manipulating the share price

02 Oct 2018, 13:29

With the level of bullying and harrassment, impossible workloads and undelivered mail it isn't surprising that RM have made this statement at the time they have.

02 Oct 2018, 13:38

Thanks for your replies.

Is there anyone who feels they have lost out and would be happy to speak with me by phone?

02 Oct 2018, 14:10

I would, although I'm not sure how much information I could provide other than being pissed off at what they've done. I'm not well versed in business or the stock market but I'd be willing to give my bitter 2 cents?

02 Oct 2018, 14:31

dtyssmshdchrb wrote:I would, although I'm not sure how much information I could provide other than being pissed off at what they've done. I'm not well versed in business or the stock market but I'd be willing to give my bitter 2 cents?

Yes please - I'm just keen to get an idea of how people are feeling.

Do you want to send me your number in a direct message?

02 Oct 2018, 14:36

I personally wouldnt mind speaking to you also

02 Oct 2018, 14:40

The recent brochure sent out by RM about the sale of shares warns about the consequence of selling so many shares could be detrimental to the company bringing down the share price sending jitters through the stock exchange. Yet it was they RM whom yesterday released the statement which wiped the value from the share price. If I had chosen to sell at this time putting my shares in the trust of Equiniti, the brokers and Royal Mail? I would be extremely angry.

Hardly anyone I work with expresses surprise at this turn of events and most had forecast that the share price would fall once the five year anniversary had been reached.

Shares rise and fall on snippets of news and reports from companies. No doubt that when RM reports another record Xmas in a few months time the share price will have recovered back to where it was on Monday.

02 Oct 2018, 14:44

Hello Michael, can't speek on phone, but are you aware that real time selling of shares is being suspended on the 15th October for Royal Mail employees only, with no set date for reintroduction, could be weeks or months or never, this is a scandal as it gives employees no control whatsoever of the price that they can sell their shares at, if the price jumps back up we are blocked from selling them in real time until Equiniti decides when to switch it back on.

02 Oct 2018, 16:32

Not really much to say here but people in my office find it strange that the share price has been high for the past year, and then all of a sudden when it comes time to sell shares royal mail releases this forecast. Which most postmen/women see as being done deliberately to do workers out of money. They also put a letter out telling staff that
Equiniti will decide when to sell there shares which is an absolute disgrace.

02 Oct 2018, 16:56

gand wrote:Not really much to say here but people in my office find it strange that the share price has been high for the past year, and then all of a sudden when it comes time to sell shares royal mail releases this forecast. Which most postmen/women see as being done deliberately to do workers out of money. They also put a letter out telling staff that
Equiniti will decide when to sell there shares which is an absolute disgrace.

Very reminiscent of the great ''colleague shares'' con... when profits mysteriously plummeted in the year we were due to receive a payout for them... only for profits to fully recover again the following financial year.

02 Oct 2018, 17:23

Wasn't it due to RM spunkinng all the profits up the wall on a fleet of Noddy cars and golf trolleys?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3