not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

24th September 2018

24 Sep 2018, 13:56

From today we can give them notice and sell the 2013 shares tax and Ni free?

24th September 2018

24 Sep 2018, 14:16

Yes. We can tell them we want to sell the first batch of free shares(613 full time) from 15th October.

But whether it's a good thing to go through the pre-election process or not, is debatable.

24th September 2018

24 Sep 2018, 16:06

Rommagic wrote:From today we can give them notice and sell the 2013 shares tax and Ni free?

Yes but it is likely "they" (those selling the shares on your behalf) will skim off at least 10% of their value before anything gets to you . . . Or at least that's how I read it ? ? ?

24th September 2018

24 Sep 2018, 16:23

Decky Boy wrote:
Rommagic wrote:From today we can give them notice and sell the 2013 shares tax and Ni free?

Yes but it is likely "they" (those selling the shares on your behalf) will skim off at least 10% of their value before anything gets to you . . . Or at least that's how I read it ? ? ?

That's only if lots of us decide to dump our shares onto the market, but why would we want to do that when we all have such faith in our leaders?

24th September 2018

24 Sep 2018, 17:04

RobertT wrote:Yes. We can tell them we want to sell the first batch of free shares(613 full time) from 15th October.

But whether it's a good thing to go through the pre-election process or not, is debatable.

Is it possible for Royal Mail to buy back shares and then we buy them back via the share option we have just started?

24th September 2018

24 Sep 2018, 17:31

cloherty1976 wrote:Is it possible for Royal Mail to buy back shares and then we buy them back via the share option we have just started?

No!

Both the shares you sell and the shares you might be buying via Partnership & Matching, are traded on the stock market at whatever the price is on the day. Unless you've signed up to sell via 'pre-election', in which case prices could be different.

RM are neither buying nor selling any shares. But they are giving you some free matching ones.

24th September 2018

24 Sep 2018, 17:42

It is possible if that's what your point was but it isn't what's happening here. Companies can purchase their own shares either for cancellation to increase the value of existing shares or for distribution in another employee share scheme. Since the partnership and matching scheme does not involve issuing new shares I suppose technically you are but I'm not sure if those matching shares are purchased "off-market".

24th September 2018

24 Sep 2018, 18:33

I've assumed the matching shares are actually those surrendered by 'bad leavers' and are being recycled, although I could be wrong.

24th September 2018

28 Sep 2018, 22:02

Reading between the lines in the latest courier it appears Equiinti/RM are mainly concerned with avoiding a big fall in the share price. They don't give a **** if you lose ten or twenty percent on the sale of your shares due to a lot of posties selling out at the same time.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1