not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Will There be a new SAYE Scheme

21 Jan 2018, 11:25

Is it unusual for a large (possibly future FTSE 100) company not to have a SAYE scheme.

Every person who works for large companies that I know have a scheme running.

Will we have a new scheme, possibly after this deal is done ??

21 Jan 2018, 11:55

They did say in the original SAYE booklet we got over 3 years ago, that they ‘had no plans for another one’.

21 Jan 2018, 16:29

Hawkey99 wrote:Is it unusual for a large (possibly future FTSE 100) company not to have a SAYE scheme.

And i wonder how many will go for it if they do run another. At the time of maturity of the most recent one the profit was pretty small.

21 Jan 2018, 17:07

DiamondSmiles wrote:And i wonder how many will go for it if they do run another. At the time of maturity of the most recent one the profit was pretty small.

Had you bought and sold on maturity day, you’d have made around 64p per share or 17.77% on your investment. Significantly more than you’d get on any savings account.

If you bought on maturity day and sold today, that would be £1.04 or 28.88%, plus you’d have got a dividend aswell.

Dealing costs would obviously reduce the profits!

SAYE is not going to make anybody rich, but in percentage terms it’s pretty good going.
Last edited by RobertT on 21 Jan 2018, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.

21 Jan 2018, 17:11

Hawkey99 wrote:Is it unusual for a large (possibly future FTSE 100) company not to have a SAYE scheme.

I understand that Tesco start a SAYE scheme very year, so if you worked there you could potentially have 3 of them on the go at any one time. (Which would certainly be my approach I'd imagine.) And there was a company I worked for about 15 years ago which used to start them every 6 months ... Though granted that company went bust before the first one matured, so perhaps not the best example to use?

28 Jan 2018, 22:49

Saved 2100 sold on Friday at 4.67 net profit £600 pretty good I thought. I do it all again in a heartbeat

29 Jan 2018, 16:05

jessicarabbit wrote:Saved 2100 sold on Friday at 4.67 net profit £600 pretty good I thought. I do it all again in a heartbeat

Did you do this online?
I keep trying but i get the message 'can't identify your holding from information provided Code CE05.

I know i am putting the correct info through.

I don't have much praise for this Equiniti website

29 Jan 2018, 16:47

DiamondSmiles wrote:
jessicarabbit wrote:Saved 2100 sold on Friday at 4.67 net profit £600 pretty good I thought. I do it all again in a heartbeat

Did you do this online?
I keep trying but i get the message 'can't identify your holding from information provided Code CE05.

It's probably locked you out like it did to me, you will have to apply for a new code to be sent out in the post or if you have access to a Royal Mail computer it can be done online

01 Feb 2018, 17:15

I just sold my 300 shares from SAYE at 512p a share. Done it over the phone. Just checked my account online where theres 300 shares under Royal Mail nominee share service. SAYE is empty though. What is the nominee share service?

01 Feb 2018, 19:08

RandyBeanz wrote:I just sold my 300 shares from SAYE at 512p a share. Done it over the phone. Just checked my account online where theres 300 shares under Royal Mail nominee share service. SAYE is empty though. What is the nominee share service?

That's where your SAYE went in to.

15 Feb 2018, 11:16

DiamondSmiles wrote:
RandyBeanz wrote:I just sold my 300 shares from SAYE at 512p a share. Done it over the phone. Just checked my account online where theres 300 shares under Royal Mail nominee share service. SAYE is empty though. What is the nominee share service?

That's where your SAYE went in to.

Do I need to pay tax on the SAYE shares ?

15 Feb 2018, 11:19

DiamondSmiles wrote:

Did you do this online?

Did you pay any tax?

15 Feb 2018, 15:20

Got a letter this morning from equinti saying if i send back the amount they gave me for my SAYE shares they would reinstate my shares. Then its upto me if i keep hold of the shares or sell them at the market price now, which with my workings out it works out at just less than double the original amount.

19 Feb 2018, 18:29

ambuvilayil wrote:
DiamondSmiles wrote:

Did you do this online?

Did you pay any tax?

No, you already paid tax and NI on the amount that came out of your wages each week for the last 3 years.

23 Feb 2018, 10:13

markfoster wrote:Got a letter this morning from equinti saying if i send back the amount they gave me for my SAYE shares they would reinstate my shares. Then its upto me if i keep hold of the shares or sell them at the market price now, which with my workings out it works out at just less than double the original amount.

Someone I work with received a letter also,it seems rather odd that you would get another chance to buy them back.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1