not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Share Price 4 Pound

20 Nov 2017, 20:10

Hopefully back up to the footsie, One zero zero.
Before to long.

Share Price £4

20 Nov 2017, 21:17

I've never noticed what the share price is so wouldn't have known if £4 is high or low. :cuppa

Share Price £4

21 Nov 2017, 09:22

Reason it’s going up because you buy shares before 24nov you are entitled to divedend in January then watch it go down afterwards as people will sell their shares

Share Price £4

21 Nov 2017, 09:51

Andy51 wrote:Reason it’s going up because you buy shares before 24nov you are entitled to divedend in January then watch it go down afterwards as people will sell their shares

I wouldn’t have thought the SAYE scheme maturing would have much effect, if any, on the share price. After all we are talking about a relatively small number of shares in relation to the total issued!

The reason the share price has increased recently is the better than expected financial results, released last week. :thumbup

Share Price £4

21 Nov 2017, 15:49

RobertT wrote:
Andy51 wrote:Reason it’s going up because you buy shares before 24nov you are entitled to divedend in January then watch it go down afterwards as people will sell their shares

I wouldn’t have thought the SAYE scheme maturing would have much effect, if any, on the share price. After all we are talking about a relatively small number of shares in relation to the total issued!

The reason the share price has increased recently is the better than expected financial results, released last week. :thumbup

and no strikes :cuppa

Share Price £4

21 Nov 2017, 22:13

slinder123 wrote:
RobertT wrote:

Exactly my reasoning for withdrawing mine. If we were to strike around Xmas/new year, the price would no doubt drop to what it was 4,5,6 weeks ago.

Share Price £4

26 Nov 2017, 12:41

Jupitor5 wrote:
slinder123 wrote:
RobertT wrote:

Exactly my reasoning for withdrawing mine. If we were to strike around Xmas/new year, the price would no doubt drop to what it was 4,5,6 weeks ago.

And then surely lift back up again at some point, whilst providing you with a dividend payment in the meantime.

Share Price 4 Pound

26 Nov 2017, 23:12

Do you not think the Industrial action is already priced into the share?????

Share Price £4

27 Nov 2017, 14:17

RobertT wrote:

And although people can give instructions to buy, the SAYE scheme shares cannot actually be bought until Thursday 1st December!

Share Price 4 Pound

13 Jan 2018, 20:29

Heading to a fiver now , will cash my SAYE at that price as holding so much in 1 company not ideal

Share Price 4 Pound

01 Feb 2018, 21:23

Hit the 5 pound barrier and potential upside is pretty good I feel

Share Price 4 Pound

02 Feb 2018, 01:39

I've been telling people for at least 6 months that the Royal Mail share price on the day of the Brexit referendum (before the outcome was known) was 541p.

Since that day

Group profit is UP
Dividends have gone UP
Big cost savings have been made

There is every reason for the share price to be at least the level it was back then, but the City has not learned from past experience of how these negotiations tend to go, when we're in dispute with RM. Don't forget, when we were privatised, the government started the process even though, at that time, we were being balloted for strike action !! The share price rocketed on Day 1, and sure enough, despite threat and counter-threat by RM and the CWU, strike action was ultimately avoided, and peace broke out.

When the share price was touching 370p quite recently, Royal Mail's share price was a fantastic bargain*, if - like me - you believed a negotiated settlement would be reached without strike action being taken. That 89.1% Yes vote made me feel sure RM could not continue to take such an aggressive stance. Moya Greene, if she'd let it descend into an actual strike, must have known she'd never get to be CEO of any company again if it did.

I bought heavily at prices between 370p-400p and am reaping the reward

*23.2p annual dividend on a share price of 370p is a return of 6.27% TAX-FREE

Share Price 4 Pound

05 Feb 2018, 22:27

Would like to see 5-40 to make a 50% profit on the Option price

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1