not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

SAYE Maturity

16 Nov 2017, 23:05

Is an Equinti ISA as in 'Choice 2' of the booklet a broader platform for investments than 'Choice 1'?

SAYE Maturity

17 Nov 2017, 19:01

Yes! The ISA(option 2) will enable you to invest in thousands of different shares and funds.

The RM Nominee Share Account(option 1) is just a home for your RM SAYE shares, plus any other RM shares you may have bought via Equiniti. I think you will also be able to transfer your free shares into it when they reach their 5 year anniversaries.

SAYE Maturity

17 Nov 2017, 23:27

chrismurray wrote:Is an Equinti ISA as in 'Choice 2' of the booklet a broader platform for investments than 'Choice 1'?

The only thing I'd care to add to what Robert has said is that you can only pay into one ISA provider each tax year, but of course you can open an ISA with another platform/provider in different years. As I've invested into my ISA platform this tax year I think it is probably against the rules for me personally to open another ISA wrapper via an Equiniti ISA. I've not looked at the Equiniti platform as I'm happy with my current platform and the range of funds and services it provides so have opted for 'Choice 1'. ISA platforms/provider provide a 'wrapper' such that all investments within it can grow tax-free currently £20,000 p.a. :thumbup

Just to add you can only deal with /create 1 'Stocks and Shares' ISA wrapper per year, but you could have 1 cash ISA with a different provider/platform up to a combined £20,000 limit p.a. if that makes sense. :thumbup

SAYE Maturity

18 Nov 2017, 18:22

I really don't see any advantage to the Equinity ISA option. You pay an annual fee, yet dividends we receive are tax-free already, aren't they ?
Can ISA's shelter you from Capital Gains Tax (CGT) ?
As I understand it, you may have to pay CGT if you make a capital gain of more than £11,500.
Even at the maximum conversion of £2124 of savings into 590 shares, that implies you'd only be liable for CGT if the share price goes above 2309p !!! As if THAT'S gonna happen :left:

SAYE Maturity

18 Nov 2017, 18:56

wandle wrote:I really don't see any advantage to the Equinity ISA option. You pay an annual fee, yet dividends we receive are tax-free already, aren't they ?
Can ISA's shelter you from Capital Gains Tax (CGT) ?
As I understand it, you may have to pay CGT if you make a capital gain of more than £11,500.
Even at the maximum conversion of £2124 of savings into 590 shares, that implies you'd only be liable for CGT if the share price goes above 2309p !!! As if THAT'S gonna happen :left:

Re the annual fees for an Equiniti ISA

There is a fee of just 0.25% of the value of your holdings (payable half yearly, minimum of £10, maximum of £37.50+ VAT)

from

http://www.shareview.co.uk/4/Info/Portfolio/default/en/Home/Products/Pages/Equiniti-ISA.aspx

so you may be correct!

Re the CGT, No tax is payable on any gains made from shares within ISA's but again the CGT allowance allows you to make £11,300 a year of profits before being hit by this tax, so this protection only helps those selling sizeable assets within one tax year! Not sure how many posties will fall into this uber-rich category.

For those people, like myself ,who already have their own ISA platform and make yearly contributions within it, this makes the Equiniti platform offer superfluous. If you really want to go along starting any ISA investments then I'd advise anyone to do their own research on suitable platforms/providers (inc Equiniti). Compare the flat rate fees v the % fees to see what is best for your needs and investment numbers. Also seek professional advice if you have a mega amount of capital to invest. :thumbup

SAYE Maturity

14 Dec 2017, 13:12

Thank you for helpful replies. Broader platform of Equinti ISA probably means more reliable growth. I cant see R. Mail shares booming in the short term can you?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1