not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

I prob shouldn't say this but - NRA 60

26 Mar 2020, 18:58

It appears that there are some that are having delays to obtaining their pension at their 60th birthday.
My advice would be, if it is allowed, to ask for your pension 5 months in advance, with a date of payment and not wait for the normal postings of options to you.
pre empt them.
If you wait for them to send you your options, you may end up getting yours after your 60th birthday.
This may not be good for me, as I may get caught up in the stampede!

27 Mar 2020, 01:31

Unfortunately it's not possible for age activated pensions. The "system" has to start the process 17 weeks prior to your birthday. This is what I was told by the PSC.

27 Mar 2020, 08:23

Steve_claret wrote:Unfortunately it's not possible for age activated pensions. The "system" has to start the process 17 weeks prior to your birthday. This is what I was told by the PSC.

I was told I can apply on the 1st of June for payment in November.
Just over 17 weeks. Fingers crossed they will pay it on time!

27 Mar 2020, 08:24

Steve_claret wrote:Unfortunately it's not possible for age activated pensions. The "system" has to start the process 17 weeks prior to your birthday. This is what I was told by the PSC.

We can apply at any time after 55 and I have left it until I am 59 years and 10 months. I just don't want to work over Christmas!

27 Mar 2020, 10:04

stephen500 wrote:

We can apply at any time after 55 and I have left it until I am 59 years and 10 months. I just don't want to work over Christmas!

How would that play out if there were say a chunk of redundancies in your mailcentre in September, would it be classed as legally binding?

27 Mar 2020, 12:52

stephen500 wrote:

Stephen, if you are applying to take your pension early then it isn't age activated as it is you who is activating it. Age activation just applies to the pensions you get when you reach 60 or 65 years of age.

27 Mar 2020, 18:07

Steve_claret wrote:
stephen500 wrote:

Stephen, if you are applying to take your pension early then it isn't age activated as it is you who is activating it. Age activation just applies to the pensions you get when you reach 60 or 65 years of age.

Cheers, I hope by applying early enough, I will get it on time. Ie 1st June for payment in November, the thought of having to work another Christmas fills me with horror.
So I hope, one we get over this Corona virus without loss of lives and 2nd they manage to get back to work and process our pensions.

28 Mar 2020, 01:26

Hi Stephen, if you don’t want to work another Christmas of drudgery working for our ever thoughtful and caring employer why not take the whole of December off as special leave c (unpaid leave) and then just carry on for a few months or years and retire at your time of picking? At least then you will be getting your pension while still getting 11/12th of your yearly wages.... it’s just a thought.
Then again if you are approaching 60 and still on a walk then I fully understand your wish to finish...... delivery is “no country for old men” these days.

28 Mar 2020, 08:15

renrag40 wrote:Hi Stephen, if you don’t want to work another Christmas of drudgery working for our ever thoughtful and caring employer why not take the whole of December off as special leave c (unpaid leave) and then just carry on for a few months or years and retire at your time of picking? At least then you will be getting your pension while still getting 11/12th of your yearly wages.... it’s just a thought.
Then again if you are approaching 60 and still on a walk then I fully understand your wish to finish...... delivery is “no country for old men” these days.

I appreciate your thought, Special leave at Christmas is very hard to get!. I have worked for Royal Mail since I was 16 in 1977 and I am afraid the time has come to retire and enjoy life. I am no longer a delivery postman, I did enjoy taking my one and some times two pouches out on delivery. I enjoyed that, especially before household deliveries. I really enjoyed driving. But Royal Mail is just changing too much. I look forward to Christmas, spending a week abroad, not worrying about when we have to pay back our claw back hours!
I just hope I get my pension on time.

28 Mar 2020, 23:52

Good luck to you Stephen. Anyone who has worked for RM for 43 years deserves a long, healthy and happy retirement. :Applause :Applause

30 Mar 2020, 11:16

stephen500 wrote:
Steve_claret wrote:
stephen500 wrote:

Cheers, I hope by applying early enough, I will get it on time. Ie 1st June for payment in November, the thought of having to work another Christmas fills me with horror.
So I hope, one we get over this Corona virus without loss of lives and 2nd they manage to get back to work and process our pensions.

So what's the score if you applied for your pension now?
Is there a longer than normal delay because of the virus?
Are all applications frozen till such a time as everyone can return to work?
Assuming the RMPP part is processed as all rm staff are "key workers", but what about the part of the pension run by capita?

30 Mar 2020, 12:03

Capita were delaying pensions before the virus so probably a bit too much to expect any improvement during it.

31 Mar 2020, 17:45

Steve_claret wrote:Capita were delaying pensions before the virus so probably a bit too much to expect any improvement during it.

I have to think, do I apply 1st of June for payment in Nov. Or apply in May for payment in Oct, but lose another half a % off each pension.
I can see me being forced to work at Christmas. I can't retire without the money in the bank!
Still, at present, I am still alive and haven't died of Covid, yet!

03 Apr 2020, 17:49

i have known colleagues in the very same position you are in now and who feel exactly as you do now ,'develope' depression or get a bad back, or knee or foot injuries which kept them out of action for a good few months.....just saying.

04 Apr 2020, 00:08

Yeah...... that would be terribly bad luck to develop an injury that kept you off work during the whole of Christmas pressure....... and you would miss out on the £100 “Christmas bonus”...... atrocious luck....... on the plus side RM would still be paying you, still be paying into your pension and you wouldn’t lose out on a couple of months of your nra 60 pension.... I suppose every cloud has a silver lining....... even a health cloud....... having said that, given the cavalier attitude of RM senior management to the health concerns surrounding covid19 regarding frontline staff I fear a good few will not have to worry about the next Christmas pressure as they will no longer be above ground.

04 Apr 2020, 17:55

as long as you are not on half pay when then the xmas bonus is due then you still get it.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1