not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Retirement incentives at 55

25 Jan 2020, 13:29

Is it true there is some kind of extra payment if you actually leave the business on your 55th birthday having taken benefits early?

25 Jan 2020, 14:06

Not that I am aware......Robert T??

25 Jan 2020, 14:06

Dabba wrote:Is it true there is some kind of extra payment if you actually leave the business on your 55th birthday having taken benefits early?

No!

25 Jan 2020, 20:25

Cheers both-i'm in this position and a colleague of a colleague who did this last year seems to think he did. But I do realise now the complexity of rm pensions if you've been in for a decade or three.

25 Jan 2020, 21:35

Pension supplement that's payable from leaving Royal mail to the time when you receive your state pension?

26 Jan 2020, 10:37

It sounds to me as if the person in question is either talking about their tax free lump sum, which they would be perfectly entitled to take. Section A/B members get one as standard, while it's an option for those in section C.

Or else they took voluntary redundancy and received a payment in return for giving up their job, and subsequently took their pension(reduced for early payment).

27 Jan 2020, 22:28

How much will I get taking a deal at 55 with 38 years service?

29 Jan 2020, 20:46

TheStrangler wrote:Pension supplement that's payable from leaving Royal mail to the time when you receive your state pension?

That is what I thought they were referring to too. Maybe it is only payable from the NRA(60 or 65) and not from the date you take the benefits if you take them early, I don't know but I know a man who does........ :shhhhh

29 Feb 2020, 15:52

It's clear to me now that it was not a tick box exercise 'leave on your 55th birthday and you will get this.. ..'and The chap who left has fallen off the radar. I think Mr Strangler(as paxman might address you!) must be right.

Whatever, my feet can not take any more 5 hour deliveries (working at pace - a civilised one) and I am pleased with what I got especially as we were all staring into a massive black hole not so long back.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1