not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

pensionable pay

12 Jan 2020, 12:57

Does delivery supplement come under pensionable pay ? thanks

pensionable pay

12 Jan 2020, 16:09

I'm no expert on what's pensionable and what isn't. But as far as I know it isn't.

Can someone confirm?

pensionable pay

12 Jan 2020, 23:46

I think the larger figure IS pensionable and the smaller one not. If you think back to when the D2D payments stopped, it was replaced with a fixed payment. It was agreed that this would increase inline with basic pay. I seem to remember the D2D was replaced with the smaller one, around £8 or so at the time. I tried to work it out for you, but couldn't get the figures to match. Section A/B have a greater pensionable pay than mine. £387.92 per week, Section C.

pensionable pay

13 Jan 2020, 05:44

You may well be right as far as members of the RMPP are concerned. :thumbup

The rules for those in the RMDCP are different. Only basic pay is pensionable, plus any OT upto full time hours if you're part time.

Another example of the many complexities of RM pensions.

pensionable pay

13 Jan 2020, 06:44

Possible chance of VR and trying to work out my possible payout,been here 34 years and a member of pension scheme,so wanted to know where I stand exactly. Thanks

pensionable pay

13 Jan 2020, 09:53

stodgy88 wrote:Does delivery supplement come under pensionable pay ? thanks

Yes and no.

If the delivery supplement only appears once on your pay chit - no.

If it's split over 2 payments then yes - though which amount is pensionable I am not sure.

pensionable pay

13 Jan 2020, 10:56

Bad news ,but thanks.

pensionable pay

13 Jan 2020, 15:32

RobertT wrote:You may well be right as far as members of the RMPP are concerned. :thumbup

The rules for those in the RMDCP are different. Only basic pay is pensionable, plus any OT upto full time hours if you're part time.

:shock: Pensionable overtime?

pensionable pay

13 Jan 2020, 15:52

heapsy wrote:
RobertT wrote:You may well be right as far as members of the RMPP are concerned. :thumbup

:shock: Pensionable overtime?

That's how I read the definition of pensionable pay in the RMDCP plan guide: https://adviser.scottishwidows.co.uk/as ... 0353sw.pdf

Pensionable Pay

Means your basic salary or wage (excluding overtime, bonuses or any other items) if you are employed on a full time contract.

If you are contracted to work less than full time it means:

• your basic salary or wage for your contractual hours, plus
• the salary or wage that you earn for non-contractual hours worked each pay period (which is a week if you are a weekly-paid employee and a month if you are a monthly-paid employee).
Earnings for hours of work that are in excess of the number of hours normally scheduled for someone working full time in your role will not be counted for the purpose of Pensionable Pay.
Bonuses and other items will not be counted for the purpose of Pensionable Pay.

pensionable pay

13 Jan 2020, 16:58

Post updated 14 February
Last edited by rogersh on 15 Feb 2020, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.

pensionable pay

13 Jan 2020, 17:15

Just to clarify ,if I am offered VR will my offer likely be my contracted hours 23.5 x 104 weeks thanks

pensionable pay

13 Jan 2020, 17:59

stodgy88 wrote:Just to clarify ,if I am offered VR will my offer likely be my contracted hours 23.5 x 104 weeks thanks

If memory serves my correctly, you've already taken your NRA60 & NRA65 benefits are are currently paying into the RMDCP?

In which case it'll probably just be contracted hours, unless you regularly do a certain amount of OT and manage to convince RM(with CWU help) to base your VR payment on that aswell.

If you're currently paying into the RMPP/DBCBS, then pensionable allowances will be included.

Whether you get 104 weeks pay will depend on your age and length of service. You can work out how many weeks you're entitled to by using the ready reckoner here: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=74407

As far as I know the pension scheme you're in doesn't affect whether you're entitled to VR or not. You just need to have at least 2 years RM service.

pensionable pay

13 Jan 2020, 19:20

thanks RobertT again,i have taken my pension,but still pay into current one,and although I do a certain amount of overtime,its a bit hit and miss .

pensionable pay

13 Jan 2020, 19:24

Says on the ready reckoner over 28 years service ,104 weeks irrespective of age ,so that should include me (34 years )

pensionable pay

15 Jan 2020, 22:12

All depends on when you started. If before the way forward agreement all wages including driving allowance, nda, were all personable including overtime. After that (1999/2000) half your nda was counted for pension and basic contracted hours up to full time (41.5hrs) per week at that time but no allowances were counted, except if you had been a phg or had started before 1988. It's complicated but basically we got shafted just like yous that are still there got ripped off for the pension that yous had. Basically everyone lost thousands of pounds when it comes to retirement and the union, yet again sold it as a good thing. FFS. Well their still on final salary pension, so why not posties..... :thumbdown

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2