not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Last Christmas - Applying for my pension in good time- Question please

21 Dec 2019, 19:33

Dear Friends, After spending around 39 Christmas's working for Royal Mail, I don't want to spend my next one here! I want to claim all my pensions and have all my lump sums for Dec 2020. I would like the lump sums to be paid on the 1st Dec and receive my first monthly pension at the end of that month. So here is my question for those of you that have claimed recently. When should I apply to be sure of getting it that month (Dec 20) and are people getting it within a reasonable time frame from requesting it and do I apply for all my Royal Mail pensions from the same contact centre. Ie final salary, cash balance scheme and Csdb. I want to go travelling in Dec 20 but I want to be sure of having the lump sum in my bank account on Dec 1st. Thank you if you respond. Oh and a merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all.

23 Dec 2019, 07:44

I turned 55 in May. I applied in mid Feb, at the end of March I phoned Capita to ask what stage they were at. Very helpful person explained my details were "on the system for processing" First week in April documents arrived, perfectly simple to understand. They made one error, they didn't include a request for identification, so I rang them, explained it and I sent it separately, no big deal. Lump sum paid on my Birthday, first pension payment paid on time end of May. A doddle. I should add I was a Section C member, left in '04.

23 Dec 2019, 09:36

Thanks for the reply, that sounds better. Any one else had a good experience?

23 Dec 2019, 09:40

lordthornber wrote:I turned 55 in May. I applied in mid Feb, at the end of March I phoned Capita to ask what stage they were at. Very helpful person explained my details were "on the system for processing" First week in April documents arrived, perfectly simple to understand. They made one error, they didn't include a request for identification, so I rang them, explained it and I sent it separately, no big deal. Lump sum paid on my Birthday, first pension payment paid on time end of May. A doddle. I should add I was a Section C member, left in '04.

So about ten weeks. Can you ask for a date to start payment from? Ie could I ask for lump sum on Dec 1st (I am 59 and 10 mths then) and first payment last day dec.

23 Dec 2019, 10:43

I just spoke to Capita and RMPP and they recommend I start the ball rolling at the start of August for Dec 1st lump sum and first payment at the end of December. So that is what I will do. Please let me know your experience between now and then and let's see if they are improving. I will share my process as it goes through. Btw I also asked if I could take max lump sums, even if that took me over 25% limits and they told me, no for FS and CSDB but that I could for the DBCBS. Ie I can take all that, but pay tax on it if it takes me over the 25% total. Whether that is true, time will tell.

23 Dec 2019, 12:52

I'm just off the phone to PSC with regards to my lump sum due to 3rd January. Sorry Capita still have not replied to an email sent in November, we have yet again raised this at a senior level but you should get your options letter in January and your lump sum sometime same month and hopefully your first pension payment at end of January :crazy: . I have given up until the new year to contact PSC again.

23 Dec 2019, 17:37

Contact CEO of Capita Jon.lewis@capita.co.uk or Richard.Kirwan@capita.co.uk Head of complaints Customer relations team, or both.
I found them very good in the past.

23 Dec 2019, 17:48

I was advised by PSC not to contact Capita :shock: as it has been raised by PSC. I was asked today why I am ringing 6 days after I received an email saying “we are expecting an imminent reply from Capita “ to which I replied after 6 days how imminent is imminent. I will send an email to addresses you have provided, cheers for that but as I said in earlier posts I wasn’t aware of any delays and it was only myself ringing PSC to ask where is my options letter that an indication was given by PSC that there may be problems. The mind boggles how after almost 4 weeks of receiving an email from PSC that Capita is still “collating” the RMSPS part of my Pension. I will post on here in New Year any update :thumbup

23 Dec 2019, 17:55

I may have to apply in July to be sure of my lump sum in Dec 20 and first pension payment at the end of that month. Once you have got what you are due, could you give me the whole time frame length and I will go with that.

23 Dec 2019, 18:10

david3595 wrote:I was advised by PSC not to contact Capita :shock: as it has been raised by PSC. I was asked today why I am ringing 6 days after I received an email saying “we are expecting an imminent reply from Capita “ to which I replied after 6 days how imminent is imminent. I will send an email to addresses you have provided, cheers for that but as I said in earlier posts I wasn’t aware of any delays and it was only myself ringing PSC to ask where is my options letter that an indication was given by PSC that there may be problems. The mind boggles how after almost 4 weeks of receiving an email from PSC that Capita is still “collating” the RMSPS part of my Pension. I will post on here in New Year any update :thumbup

My e mail just now to Capita CEO and customer relations.
"Dear Jon and Richard,
You were kind enough to help me last year, when my Aunt had a problem with her widow's pension and you helped to resolve the issue very speedily.
In Dec 2020 I plan to leave Royal Mail and want to ensure my lump sums are paid on 1st Dec 20 and my first monthly pension payment at the end of that month.
I plan to spend a week in Germany at their Christmas markets, so will be booking flights and hotels.
I really don't want any thing to derail this and force me to carry on working.
I have been told that a good time to apply would be Aug 20, that is 4 months in advance. I am currently working and an a dual pensioner (Statutory scheme and CSDB + Dbcbs)
I have been told in the first instance, that I have to contact RMPP who will start the ball rolling.
I have heard of some on "Royal Mail chat" who are having issues getting their pension in a timely manner. Ie more than 4 months after requesting it.
Should I start the ball rolling more than 4 months in advance with a notice date to start my pension?
Are you confident that since taking on more work from RMPP since Nov of this year, that you are dealing with most requests on time?
I just want to be 100% certain I will get my pensions and lump sums by Dec 1st.
Yours sincerly,"

23 Dec 2019, 18:11

david3595 wrote:I was advised by PSC not to contact Capita :shock: as it has been raised by PSC. I was asked today why I am ringing 6 days after I received an email saying “we are expecting an imminent reply from Capita “ to which I replied after 6 days how imminent is imminent. I will send an email to addresses you have provided, cheers for that but as I said in earlier posts I wasn’t aware of any delays and it was only myself ringing PSC to ask where is my options letter that an indication was given by PSC that there may be problems. The mind boggles how after almost 4 weeks of receiving an email from PSC that Capita is still “collating” the RMSPS part of my Pension. I will post on here in New Year any update :thumbup

Include your pension number.

23 Dec 2019, 18:15

Yes Stephen 500 I will let you know total timeline once all is resolved. I just sent an email to Jon Lewis at Capita. I initially phoned PSC 4 months out from my 55th and they sent me the first of several forms to complete very quickly and I returned all forms within timescale they had set. Hopefully my case is a one off and no delays for anyone due to take their Pension. Yes I included my pension number.

01 Jan 2020, 12:05

4 months sounds very long winded to me. I'm sure at least a couple of people I know, plus a few on this forum, received their payments in half that time!
In that case am I right in thinking that pension plan C members have to apply via the Rm pension helpline service and also to capita to get all that's due to them?

01 Jan 2020, 14:05

Update from me is there is no update a couple of days out from my 55th. I did email Jon Lewis the CEO of Capita on 23rd Dec, as of yet no reply but PSC advised me yesterday there was “some contact” from Capita on xmas eve which was day after I emailed Jon Lewis. No options letter yet so if it arrives this weekend unfortunately for me I’m not at my home address until 6th. I applied 4 months out but if it runs more smoothly 2 months out from when it is due I would be surprised :shock:

02 Jan 2020, 12:46

I am looking at your progress (best of luck). But from what I can see, I think I will be applying in July for my pension in Dec. Never did I think at the end of my 40 odd years in Royal Mail, that I would be wondering if I would get my pensions paid on time. It has always been seemless up till now. Still I should be thankful I will have one, many sadly don't.

06 Jan 2020, 18:43

Quick update, Birthday been and gone and no Options Letter but I received an email today from Jon Lewis CEO at Capita. He has passed my email highlighting my concerns to his MD of their Pensions Services and asked that person to urgently look into delay and contact me directly with an update. :pray

13 Jan 2020, 19:02

Received a phone call and email from Capita on 10th January, a copy of my “retirement pack” was attached to the email along with a note to say a paper has been sent by 1st class post today , it didn’t arrive . I’m not retiring, just taking my NRA60 at 55 but maybe that’s what they call it. It has a “retirement date” of 31st January although my birthday is early January. I’m just a simple person when it comes to computers so I’d rather wait to get the paper by post, fill in the forms and return in envelope provided than try and print off pages and pages. Maybe through out this process I missed something, I presumed that your pension if you take it early is due to be paid on or as near to your birthday . When I phoned Capita and spoke to the office that emailed me on Friday and explained nothing arrived by 1st class post today they replied “ oh we don’t send that out from here, it comes from Darlington “. I was hopeful of receiving my options letter by post last month but that didn’t happen. :shock:

13 Jan 2020, 21:02

I am 60 in March and haven't taken any of my pension yet so am due my NRA60 as a minimum. We are 2 months away and I have still not received anything from the pension people in writing. I believe that as I am a Section B dual member of RMSPS and RMPP then Capita are dealing with my case now. I have rung them twice now in the last few weeks and been told that "it is going through" whatever that means. I think Mr Lewis will be getting an email this week.

13 Jan 2020, 21:25

I believe as section c pension member that RMPP are dealing with part of my payment and Capita the RMSPS. It’s just the lack of “sympathy or understanding “ from either PSC or Capita. Various emails and phone calls to both and all I get is “ it’s in the post” or “we have raised this to a higher level of enquiry” but as I say if we are not due to receive a lump sum until the month ending of your birthday rather than on your birthday then I’m hopefully still on course for a lump sum payment albeit 27 days after my birthday, of course that’s being optimistic. If the options letter hasn’t arrived by Thursday I’m going to have to email yet again to Jon Lewis CEO at Capita. Will keep updating lol. To answer any AVC queries I note on my file copy on the email I received on 10th January that my AVC’s will be paid approximately 6 weeks after my lump sum.

16 Jan 2020, 11:49

Steve_claret wrote:I am 60 in March and haven't taken any of my pension yet so am due my NRA60 as a minimum....
This is my recent experience, like you I am section B I rang them in November because I knew I would be 60 in January '20 and had heard nothing. They said they had sent me paperwork out in July 19 with reference to my NRA60 options and since I had not received the paperwork they resent it signed for, this arrived through the door and I spent about three days going over everything before returning it. I had a letter last week then my PCLS was paid in on my birthday.. Now I am going to treat myself to a newer car :Very Happy

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3