not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

7 Year Postie

03 May 2019, 21:51

I've been contacted by an Ex-postie trying to find out about his pension. I presume all EX-RM staff have a reserved pension that they can claim at retirement age? He did 7 years approx 2002-2009. Any ideas how much he might get? :hmmmm I can only asume he doesn't get a pension Statement. :cuppa

7 Year Postie

04 May 2019, 04:12

Dorset Plodder wrote:I've been contacted by an Ex-postie trying to find out about his pension. I presume all EX-RM staff have a reserved pension that they can claim at retirement age?

Assuming he was actually in the pension scheme, then yes. Although he can claim it any time after age 55, with a reduction for taking it before NRA.

He did 7 years approx 2002-2009. Any ideas how much he might get? :hmmmm

That's a 'how long is a piece of string' question, because it'll depend on his hours of work, pensionable pay, current age, etc.

I can only asume he doesn't get a pension Statement. :cuppa

He should have been getting a deferred members pension statement which will be more accurate than an educated guess from anyone on this forum.
If that isn't the case, I suggest he contacts the pensions people, which for pre 2012 pensions will be the RMSPS / Capita: https://www.royalmailsps.co.uk/en

7 Year Postie

09 May 2019, 22:13

Cheers Robert T. I'll pass on that address. Thanks :thumbup

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1