not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT CWU : We have announced an industrial action ballot timetable in Royal Mail group - ballot papers will be dispatched on 24th September if no agreement is reached before then. HERE

Capita pension payment problems

04 Feb 2019, 17:18

Has anyone had problems with Capita since they took over the payroll for our pension? I sent an enquiry email on the 10th of December last year seeking clarification on spouse benefits in the event of my death and also contact details! Unbeknown to me, the following morning some cretin misread my email and pronounced me dead! My payment for December, due on the 31st was stopped and a bereavement pack was sent out to my wife!! This pack has yet to arrive?? Consequently, my December payment was not registered in my bank account on the 31st, so I rang them at 12.30 pm to be told that there was nothing they could do that day as it was New Years Eve!! I rang on Wednesday the 2nd of January to be told the reason why the payment was not made. I received my pension the following day! I have never received an apology for the error!1

Come the 31st of January, no Pension!1 I have been banging my head against a brick wall ever since, and have raised an I.D.R.P. Complaint via email!! This I received a reply to the day after I sent it! It is now the 4th of February and I have had to ring again following the lack of a promised phone call from the operative! I was told she has rung in sick, but the payroll team have been informed.

Incidentally, the Capita contact for our pension is in Darlington, but the payroll team is based in Sheffield????

05 Feb 2019, 16:35

That is absolutely shocking.

05 Feb 2019, 18:44

Hi there, goodness, that's dreadful.

If it's any comfort a lot of folk are suffering ...... have a look at the thread "Capita utter farce ....." and think you'll find some useful info on there.

You'll see that for those of us who have had problems an email to the CEO Jon Lewis soon gets action via Richard Kirwan the head of complaints. Once Richard gets on it things seem to move. You could try it - probably nothing to lose. have a read through the tread and you'll find email address, other info etc. Good luck.

06 Feb 2019, 11:48

This is utterly unacceptable. Heads should roll over this. I’m convinced some companies must employ a quota of idiots.

I don’t suffer fools quietly. And I came across numerous ex graduates employed by RM. Who quite easily fitted into this category. But, this is taking the urine. I wouldn’t let this one drop.

I was on some helpline yesterday. I just asked outright. “How on earth do you manage to hold down a job, it’s like listening to a parrot reading a script”. Didn’t go down well I may add. :whistle

06 Feb 2019, 13:22

Fatboyslim wrote:This is utterly unacceptable. Heads should roll over this. I’m convinced some companies must employ a quota of idiots.

I don’t suffer fools quietly. And I came across numerous ex graduates employed by RM. Who quite easily fitted into this category. But, this is taking the urine. I wouldn’t let this one drop.

I was on some helpline yesterday. I just asked outright. “How on earth do you manage to hold down a job, it’s like listening to a parrot reading a script”. Didn’t go down well I may add. :whistle

Having done Call Centre work for another firm I have a lot of sympathy for them. In essence what you accused them of is, in fact, correct, you do have a script you have to stick to, and generic phrases that you must parrot. Most if not all calls are recorded and once a month or so, you get hauled over the coals if you did not hit a certain score, did not stick to the script and in the worst cases, you will be dismissed for basically thinking for yourself.

Postie work is akin to ethical and free range farming. which makes Call Centres battery and intensive farming. Not a job I would even recommend to my worst enemy.

06 Feb 2019, 14:12

I wasnt clear enough. It wasn’t a call centre. County council planning office!

06 Feb 2019, 20:05

Another problem is you don't get a payslip for the old defined benefit pension if the monthly amount varies by less than one pound, which is inconvenient if you're being taxed in error.

06 Feb 2019, 23:27

Never knew that. Missus doesn’t get one either. Hers is a NHS one.

08 Feb 2019, 17:44

Pallbearer wrote:Has anyone had problems with Capita since they took over the payroll for our pension? I sent an enquiry email on the 10th of December last year seeking clarification on spouse benefits in the event of my death and also contact details! Unbeknown to me, the following morning some cretin misread my email and pronounced me dead! My payment for December, due on the 31st was stopped and a bereavement pack was sent out to my wife!! This pack has yet to arrive?? Consequently, my December payment was not registered in my bank account on the 31st, so I rang them at 12.30 pm to be told that there was nothing they could do that day as it was New Years Eve!! I rang on Wednesday the 2nd of January to be told the reason why the payment was not made. I received my pension the following day! I have never received an apology for the error!1

Come the 31st of January, no Pension!1 I have been banging my head against a brick wall ever since, and have raised an I.D.R.P. Complaint via email!! This I received a reply to the day after I sent it! It is now the 4th of February and I have had to ring again following the lack of a promised phone call from the operative! I was told she has rung in sick, but the payroll team have been informed.

Incidentally, the Capita contact for our pension is in Darlington, but the payroll team is based in Sheffield????

Write to CEO of Capita and ask if his direct report can help.
I received very prompt help and resolution of a problem our family had.
Contact details I recomend:
Ceo Capita:
Jonathan.Lewis@capita.com
Direct report to CEO capita/trouble shooter
Richard.Kirwan@capita.co.uk

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1