not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Romford MC LTB

14 Jun 2019, 17:55

On the CWU website theres an issue about the site of Romford MC The lease is up next year and the Landlord does not want to renew. I am not sure that its been planned by RM but it should be interesting. Do RM have access to Bromley By Bow the old East London MC? And the new ELDC at West Thurrock is there still a site? Apparently we will be kept informed.

Romford MC LTB

14 Jun 2019, 20:01

rainbowwarrior72 wrote:On the CWU website theres an issue about the site of Romford MC The lease is up next year and the Landlord does not want to renew. I am not sure that its been planned by RM but it should be interesting. Do RM have access to Bromley By Bow the old East London MC? And the new ELDC at West Thurrock is there still a site? Apparently we will be kept informed.

Looking on Google Earth, if the building I looked at there is the old East London MC, it's been demolished. Can't see any building on Google Earth at West Thurrock that looks like it could be a RM building so possibly that one has gone as well.

Looking at the list of other MCs best guess is that you'll be moved into either Chelmsford or Ipswich MC. If they've not got the room, probably South Midlands MC

Romford MC LTB

15 Jun 2019, 12:46

Can't see that one as Romford part of London region and they also cover E1-18. But finding a site will be difficult mayb near M25

Romford MC LTB

15 Jun 2019, 15:59

Romford, Chelmsford and Ipswich merged into a new build MC?

Romford MC LTB

15 Jun 2019, 17:10

SpacePhoenix wrote:Romford, Chelmsford and Ipswich merged into a new build MC?

ipswich was downgraded to just an mpu with work transferred to chelmsford and norwich.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/ipswich-s-royal-mail-sorting-office-in-commercial-road-will-shut-and-be-fully-transferred-to-chelmsford-by-august-2017-1-4679400

Romford MC LTB

15 Jun 2019, 18:44

I think it would be a merger too much areawise. But I could see possibly a site near the M25 and A12/A13 This may affect other MCs around London. Heard a rumour that there maybe a closure. Mount Pleasant may be able to take E1-19 maybe another reshuffle of Postcodes. Tbh its beyond me how this state of affairs was allowed to happen. Rico may have to looke at the Property Management team and ask questions.
Croydon, Greenford and JMC are full so if they did take work they may have to move other work out

Romford MC LTB

16 Jun 2019, 07:56

rainbowwarrior72 wrote:I think it would be a merger too much areawise. But I could see possibly a site near the M25 and A12/A13 This may affect other MCs around London. Heard a rumour that there maybe a closure. Mount Pleasant may be able to take E1-19 maybe another reshuffle of Postcodes. Tbh its beyond me how this state of affairs was allowed to happen. Rico may have to looke at the Property Management team and ask questions.
Croydon, Greenford and JMC are full so if they did take work they may have to move other work out

Does MP or any of the adjacent MCs have the capacity to take any of Romford's workload?

Romford MC LTB

16 Jun 2019, 11:47

Only if work is moved about. But that would be if RM can't find a suitable site for Romford MC in the next year.

Romford MC LTB

16 Jun 2019, 16:46

I have no idea if romford will get a new site or not,but what is obvious is that no mail centre is safe unless it has the capacity to fit a packet sorting machine.Unfortunately this is the reality,so i think MP Is out of the question in the long term

Romford MC LTB

16 Jun 2019, 23:10

What keeps MP safe is they do need a MC in Central London mainly because of the congestion

Romford MC LTB

16 Jun 2019, 23:29

rainbowwarrior72 wrote:What keeps MP safe is they do need a MC in Central London mainly because of the congestion

I don't think that would mean that MP is 100% safe. If you think about it, between the MCs with packet sorting machines and the parcel hubs, well over 80% of parcels are likely to be sorted by machine. If they can't accommodate a packet sorting machine then I think they're just as likely to get closed as any other MC that can't accommodate a packet sorting machine

Romford MC LTB

17 Jun 2019, 09:42

Not all MCs are going to get PSMs. MP is about 9-10miles away from us but to get there in the daytime it can be between 90-120mins away because of the congestion. Also the ULEZ now added to the Congestion charge probably has saved MP Also until 2012 there were 3 MCs in Central London 9Elms and East London were closed and at the moment nowhere to move the work. JMC got the SW1-20 work and it can take 1hr 45mins just to get to Battersea Hub near Clapham Junction station in daytime traffic from JMC. I don't think MP will go anywhere there was talk if Euston got redeveloped because of HS2 NW1 DO would be moved over to MP. All I can see is work be reshuffled around

Romford MC LTB

20 Jun 2019, 09:14

How many people work at Romford MC?
Where would the likely alternatives be for people to move to?
Prdc? Chelmsford?

Romford MC LTB

20 Jun 2019, 09:40

rainbowwarrior72 wrote:Also the ULEZ now added to the Congestion charge probably has saved MP

Nope, RM will just deploy some of these:

https://uk.motor1.com/news/265237/royal ... tric-vans/

Romford MC LTB

28 Jul 2019, 18:04

Any news on this?

Romford MC LTB

30 Jul 2019, 10:14

payetwhu wrote:Any news on this?

There was a sort of update from the Branch basically saying discussions are still happening and will do throughout The members are important along those lines. It sounds like atm no one has a clue as per normal when the Landlord throws a spanner into the works

Romford MC LTB

30 Jul 2019, 11:31

That's why their spending a shed load of new building work at the mount just now. I bet they wished they had kept the postal underground railway open and fitted out the carriers to handle bigger parcels. It seems as if RM management can't think forward.

Romford MC LTB

30 Jul 2019, 20:00

Navalron wrote:That's why their spending a shed load of new building work at the mount just now. I bet they wished they had kept the postal underground railway open and fitted out the carriers to handle bigger parcels. It seems as if RM management can't think forward.

Wouldn't have been possible, the tunnel was severed by the building of Crossrail

Romford MC LTB

02 Nov 2019, 23:41

Any update on whether Romford is closing?

Romford MC LTB

03 Nov 2019, 23:41

Navalron wrote: It seems as if RM management can't think forward.
:left:
...really, I'm shocked Ron! :cuppa

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2