not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Driver career path

26 Mar 2019, 07:58

Has anyone else managed to pass all the relevant tests and gained the licences that are needed to become a LGV driver for Royal Mail, and not managed to transfer into network/logistics after passing?

Driver career path

26 Mar 2019, 12:20

When did you gain all your qualifications ? The did a massive national recruitment campaign for 300 LGV drivers in August 2018 which you would of needed to apply for, that's how I managed to get transferred to my local RDC.

Driver career path

26 Mar 2019, 19:36

I also passed on the DCP scheme, but my local voc won’t allow me to transfer. Been waiting almost 2 years and the thing that really pisses me off is that they are using agency staff everyday. Talk about annoying.

Driver career path

27 Mar 2019, 11:19

Jupitor5 wrote:I also passed on the DCP scheme, but my local voc won’t allow me to transfer. Been waiting almost 2 years and the thing that really pisses me off is that they are using agency staff everyday. Talk about annoying.

Are you on a FT or PT contract where you are at the moment ? If your on a PT contract you are allowed to apply for any LGV overtime duties at your local VOC (once you have passed a driving assesment) I was on a PT contract at my DO for 18 months and was doing 20-30 hours OT at my local VOC until i got transfered last september.

Driver career path

10 Apr 2019, 07:28

You do know just because you done the dcp your not guaranteed a job.
I've trying for years to get on dcp with no luck and help of my union.
So decided to pay for my own training, and within 4 months of passing my class 2 i managed to get a full time job driving class 2.
Yet know of people who have completed the dcp path but still not driving.

Driver career path

10 Apr 2019, 14:42

So decided to pay for my own training, and within 4 months of passing my class 2 i managed to get a full time job driving class 2

Is this within RM?

Driver career path

16 Apr 2019, 16:40

theoldinn wrote:
Jupitor5 wrote:I also passed on the DCP scheme, but my local voc won’t allow me to transfer. Been waiting almost 2 years and the thing that really pisses me off is that they are using agency staff everyday. Talk about annoying.

Are you on a FT or PT contract where you are at the moment ? If your on a PT contract you are allowed to apply for any LGV overtime duties at your local VOC (once you have passed a driving assesment) I was on a PT contract at my DO for 18 months and was doing 20-30 hours OT at my local VOC until i got transfered last september.

Full timer mate. Union are making a mockery out of it saying I can't transfer until other members in the unit have been made up.

Driver career path

18 Apr 2019, 12:08

Do they have LGV licenses. The vacancies are now supposed to go on success factors for people to apply. The VOC has to have vacancies and getting them to advertise them is a long drawn out process.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1