ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

Royal Mail at Paddington Rail Station & TPOs

Reminisce about days gone by in the job.How it used to be what you miss and how things have changed.This is an open forum.
Marsh Lane

Post by Marsh Lane »

Hi all,
I am currently researching the Royal Mail and parcels trains that came into London Paddington - specifically during the mid-late 1980s, but info before/after that would be welcomed. Is there anyone on here who has any insight into how things worked from a Royal Mail perspective, the station loading/unloading operations, or would would have worked on the station or the TPOs that went to South Wales and the South West?

I'd be really interested to hear your memories, and comments if you could spare any time to do so. Please feel free to post on here, or I can be reached by email to marsh.lane@outlook.com. I am currently compiling as much information on the station operations at London Paddington pre-privatisation as possible as part of a hobby project, to document railway history, and the operations that took place around it, so any input would be valuable and really appreciated.

Regards
Richard
Binsey

Post by Binsey »

http://www.nightmail.org.uk/historic-ar ... -final-tpo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's a Facebook page Travelling Post Office.
Loads of information on there from Ex TPO staff.