ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

Peep at the Past

Reminisce about days gone by in the job.How it used to be what you miss and how things have changed.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier

Peep at the Past

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.totnes-today.co.uk/article.c ... hyear=2017" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

25 Years Ago

A plan for a new half a million pound sorting and delivery office in Totnes was unveiled by Royal Mail this week.
Planning permission has already been granted by South Hams District Council for the new 585 square metre building on the town’s industrial estate, and work is to begin next month.

The premises will include a customer callers office, a new concept for Royal Mail, where customers can choose to pick up mail rather than await delivery.
It is expected that the new complex will be up and running by this time next year when all the present equipment will be transferred from the old building behind the Post Office in Fore Street.

The sorting office now being used has been on the present site for about 45 years and is completely inadequate to meet the increased volume in mail which has shot up in the past 10 years.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
I am using an automatic grammar and spelling app, your original post if quoted may be amended by default. No judgement in your use of grammar or spelling is intended or meant.