ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Relax for a second

Reminisce about days gone by in the job.How it used to be what you miss and how things have changed.This is an open forum.
mandelsons_toenail

Relax for a second

Post by mandelsons_toenail »

:Very Happy

Although I've only been in the job 10 years, today as I do most days, I thought about the good old days.

Out delivering at 6am

Hardly and packets, no panniers remember. (But mails down) :left:

Finished and home by 10am :cuppa

Having a second job :dance

Being happy :shock:

What happened :left:

Ok let's be honest we moan and yes the jobs getting worse, we cannot trust management at all and our jobs are bigger than ever, you feel dead when you are home off delivery and nod off in the chair, your mrs always moans at you for being tired :roll:

We are expected to absorb when it's busy

But don't you get a warm feeling inside when you inform your Lino or Dom that you'll be cutting off today. :wave

Still keeps me entertained, and long may we all continue to cut off and be happy.

I'll get my coat :chuckle

maisymoo04

Re: Relax for a second

Post by maisymoo04 »

mandelsons_toenail wrote::Very Happy

Although I've only been in the job 10 years, today as I do most days, I thought about the good old days.

Out delivering at 6am

Hardly and packets, no panniers remember. (But mails down) :left:

Finished and home by 10am :cuppa

Having a second job :dance

Being happy :shock:

What happened :left:

Ok let's be honest we moan and yes the jobs getting worse, we cannot trust management at all and our jobs are bigger than ever, you feel dead when you are home off delivery and nod off in the chair, your mrs always moans at you for being tired :roll:

We are expected to absorb when it's busy

But don't you get a warm feeling inside when you inform your Lino or Dom that you'll be cutting off today. :wave

Still keeps me entertained, and long may we all continue to cut off and be happy.

I'll get my coat :chuckle
Mandy the good old days were the 2 nd delivery mail sort ha :crazy:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Regal

Post by Regal »

Yes i remember when i started. 6am - 12.30. Always finished on time, sometimes 45 minutes early and then because you worked hard to get finished early you could go home. Job and knock - a bonus for grafters.
Now how things have changed, mail volumes are down but somehow i cant complete on time!
8.30 - 15.00, More like 7 - 15.30. But on the plus side im making alot more money!
Tomorrow Never Knows
motch

Post by motch »

Regal wrote:Yes i remember when i started. 6am - 12.30. Always finished on time, sometimes 45 minutes early and then because you worked hard to get finished early you could go home. Job and knock - a bonus for grafters.
Now how things have changed, mail volumes are down but somehow i cant complete on time!
8.30 - 15.00, More like 7 - 15.30. But on the plus side im making alot more money!
with taking inflation into account?
UnhappyGremlin

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

I was thinking the other day how much fun it used to be knocking someone out of bed at 06.45am on a Saturday. You can't even enjoy that now.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Sidley

Post by Sidley »

Yeah but the idle swine are still in their wanking chariots well after 11 up our way.
martin the green

Post by martin the green »

no fun doing split shifts.finishing at 10 going back at 4 till 8 to meet the train if it was on time.if not o/t