ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Who worked on the famous TPO trains?!

Reminisce about days gone by in the job.How it used to be what you miss and how things have changed.This is an open forum.
KayGeeExOPG

Who worked on the famous TPO trains?!

Post by KayGeeExOPG »

As I spend a few moments reflecting and remenising about 'the good old days' of when I used to work for RM, at a time when the last TPO train services were running their last years, I am just wondering if anybody here on this forum, worked regular duty on a Royal Mail Travelling Post Office?! As somebody who admits to being a bit of a train enthusiast, I would like to hear about experiences and adventures on the TPO's. Especially the final ones between 200-2004.

KG.

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Who worked on the famous TPO trains?!

Post by SpacePhoenix »

If you can find a copy of it, there's a DVD that's a behind the scenes type DVD of the Bristol-Penzance TPO for a return trip. It was filmed during the last summer of operation of the TPOs
Binsey

Post by Binsey »

I worked on them for a while.

Fantastic times.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Binsey wrote:
03 Apr 2024, 22:10
I worked on them for a while.

Fantastic times.
For each "sorting" coach, how many "storage" coaches were there? Not including any with the roller shutters that were purely for transporting works of mail.