ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Charles Dickens raged against postal delivery plan

Reminisce about days gone by in the job.How it used to be what you miss and how things have changed.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Charles Dickens raged against postal delivery plan

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.theweek.co.uk/news/world-ne ... ivery-plan

Charles Dickens campaigned for postal deliveries on Sundays in his Kent village, The Times reported. A letter has emerged in which the author bemoaned his neighbours’ bid to end a Sunday postal delivery and warned that he would leave the area if it was discontinued. The “proposed cessation of the Sunday Delivery of letters” may not affect his neighbours, who had not objected, he wrote. But “my case as a public man with a large correspondence is very much greater than theirs, and should far outweigh it”.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

pieoftheday

Re: Charles Dickens raged against postal delivery plan

Post by pieoftheday »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 10:46
https://www.theweek.co.uk/news/world-ne ... ivery-plan

Charles Dickens campaigned for postal deliveries on Sundays in his Kent village, The Times reported. A letter has emerged in which the author bemoaned his neighbours’ bid to end a Sunday postal delivery and warned that he would leave the area if it was discontinued. The “proposed cessation of the Sunday Delivery of letters” may not affect his neighbours, who had not objected, he wrote. But “my case as a public man with a large correspondence is very much greater than theirs, and should far outweigh it”.
Self righteous tosser :Very Happy
Wullie10
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Wullie10 »

No comparison with this day and age. The Royal Mail was as important then as the Internet is today. Dickens was a great social reformer. Can't read anything into this article.
pieoftheday

Post by pieoftheday »

Maybe Simon should read A Christmas Carol, he could learn something from Scrooge