ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

It's hard to believe

Reminisce about days gone by in the job.How it used to be what you miss and how things have changed.This is an open forum.
postslippete

Re: It's hard to believe

Post by postslippete »

Wullie10 wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 15:54
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be :crazy: my first ever delivery we had British Gas bills and Electic Bills for every single house on the delivery. I took it all out on 2nd , trapped a nerve and was in pain for years. Small brown envelopes. With the bill and booklet inside..makes me laugh when the older people still say today , if it's a bill you can keep it. What bill ? All online now.

Small brown envelopes reminds me of Giro's. Those were the days when people were actually waiting on the street corner for their post!!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.

qwerty2

Re: It's hard to believe

Post by qwerty2 »

postslippete wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 16:24
Wullie10 wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 15:54
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be :crazy: my first ever delivery we had British Gas bills and Electic Bills for every single house on the delivery. I took it all out on 2nd , trapped a nerve and was in pain for years. Small brown envelopes. With the bill and booklet inside..makes me laugh when the older people still say today , if it's a bill you can keep it. What bill ? All online now.

Small brown envelopes reminds me of Giro's. Those were the days when people were actually waiting on the street corner for their post!!
Some scum used to follow you around
Getting called useless cause your late with their wages (handouts) at 9am