ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

When were the red shirts introduced?

Reminisce about days gone by in the job.How it used to be what you miss and how things have changed.This is an open forum.
Dorset Plodder

Re: When were the red shirts introduced?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

vmaxv4 wrote:
26 Nov 2022, 15:20

Still wear my pre unisex shirts. When everyone was ditching it for polo shirts I raided the bin & got all those still in packaging.
There was still some with the “ what looked like the Spain flag” in there.. :dance

[/quote]

Yeah I feel smug as well. Having no intention whatsoever to wear their Trendy New Slim Fit Shite I was stockpiling the Old Blue shirts as well. :nana

We've even got people giving their Old Shirts to their colleagues (You know the ones that shrink when you leave them in the wardrobe) :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)

vmaxv4

Post by vmaxv4 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
26 Nov 2022, 15:44
vmaxv4 wrote:
26 Nov 2022, 15:20

Still wear my pre unisex shirts. When everyone was ditching it for polo shirts I raided the bin & got all those still in packaging.
There was still some with the “ what looked like the Spain flag” in there.. :dance
Yeah I feel smug as well. Having no intention whatsoever to wear their Trendy New Slim Fit Shite I was stockpiling the Old Blue shirts as well. :nana

We've even got people giving their Old Shirts to their colleagues (You know the ones that shrink when you leave them in the wardrobe) :cuppa
[/quote]

:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by fly-catchers »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
26 Nov 2022, 05:27
fly-catchers wrote:
25 Nov 2022, 23:21
Now I have retired I am finding my old 2014 grey trousers excellent to wear in the garden or on very muddy walks! Wished I had ordered more before I left!
Isn't returning all uniform part of your obligations when leaving?
All they wanted was to get me out the door! Still have my security badge though its now out of date! Judging from fellow retired posties old uniforms live on for years! You can even tell which era they worked with RM from the 70's to the 2000's!
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Brain Fury »

I was involved in supplying the old uniform (in the days when it came from 'Swindon supplies') and I can tell you that hardly anybody had a good word to say about it. There were constant demands for polo shirts, baseball caps and trainers. In the end management gave in.
Tman

Post by Tman »

Take a wild guess at the context in this post.. :roll:
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by baldrick »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
26 Nov 2022, 05:27
fly-catchers wrote:
25 Nov 2022, 23:21
Now I have retired I am finding my old 2014 grey trousers excellent to wear in the garden or on very muddy walks! Wished I had ordered more before I left!
Isn't returning all uniform part of your obligations when leaving?
Yes you are supposed to hand it in. I took most of my uniform in when I retired. It did take three trips and even then I had a couple of dozen of the blue shirts left in my wardrobe. I've cut them up over the last 10 years to use as cleaning cloths.
I did like the blue uniform, but it did put me off wearing blue when I wasn't going to work. I've only got over that recently and started buying blue clothes again.
arsenalbob
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by arsenalbob »

Her indoors always altered the Harry Hill collars on the blue shirts