not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

5 hour contract

18 Nov 2019, 16:10

Hello,
I've been working for Royal Mail since May 2019, I was told during my interview that the contract available was only for 5 hours per week. However I have just taken my first week off work since I started and I was only paid £54 for 5 hours as as stated in my contract. I'm struggling to come to terms with how this works if you are legally allowed to take 28 days holiday per year, how on earth are you meant to make that happen when you get paid £54 for 5 days off? I do work 5 days a week averaging at 29.23 hours over the last 12 weeks. I have never not worked 5 days per week.
Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me and if you have gone to ACAS for advice?
Thanks all,
Julia.

5 hour contract

19 Nov 2019, 13:22

There is an entire thread about average pay whilst on holiday. Loads of information and advice in there

5 hour contract

19 Nov 2019, 15:59

The section of the forum is here https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... m.php?f=67

5 hour contract

02 Dec 2019, 18:23

Thank you, I've had a look through that thread but can't seem to delete my post!

5 hour contract

02 Dec 2019, 19:16

No need to delete it, better it stays there in case anyone else has a similar question.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1