not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Hi, I'm Mail Pig

20 Jul 2019, 07:50

Sup ye drones!

I'm not really a newbie, I've been in the job 10 months now. Never got round to introducing myself. I'm a postie in Glasgow - stairs, stairs, stairs, mad dogs, madder people, and more rain than you shake a fistfull of door-to-doors at!

For me it's a love-hate relationship, I do really like the actual WORK, but all the bullshit from how the company is run and the chaos of systemic shoddy management does my nut in. And I confess I've just begun thinking about finding another job. So I wanted to get in on the forum a bit before it's too late. RoyalMailChat has been a real life-line for me, especially when I started out - so big love and thanks to all yous on here.

I'm gonna post this question somewhere but whilst yuou're reading this if you have any idea - I never had my 6-month review at 6 months. I kept asking my DOM about it and he kept deferring, eventually he flat told me: "Don't worry about it. It's better for you without it, isn't it?" - Like that was actually a question :chuckle I'm like, if you say so, boss! I don't f***ing know.

Is it weird that I've been in the job 10 months and still not had my 6 month review/i.e. been given my permanent contract and officially finished my trial period?

Thanks folks.

Hi, I'm Mail Pig

26 Jul 2019, 22:11

Hi mate and welcome, don't worry about the 6 month thing, as you're aware.........managers don't really......manage. :nervous

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1