not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



Notice period

31 May 2018, 19:18

Hi ive been working at royal mail only 2 months. However i have decided to give my notice. As i want to go back to my previous job. Can someone advise me if trial period is still not up can i give a weeks notice or do i have to do 4 weeks. Any help would be much apppreciated.

Notice period

03 Jun 2018, 22:12

Used to be a week, but apparently new starters contracts are different and it may have been changed to 4 weeks, best to recheck your contract.
If it's that bad then just walk, many have.

Notice period

04 Jun 2018, 14:09

POSTMAN wrote:Used to be a week, but apparently new starters contracts are different and it may have been changed to 4 weeks, best to recheck your contract.
If it's that bad then just walk, many have.


Why do people just give up and leave? I’m going to be starting soon and this is making me worried

Notice period

10 Aug 2018, 15:19

Jacko29 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Used to be a week, but apparently new starters contracts are different and it may have been changed to 4 weeks, best to recheck your contract.
If it's that bad then just walk, many have.


Why do people just give up and leave? I’m going to be starting soon and this is making me worried


People start with RM thinking it's great hours, great pay....easy work, etc.....it's not. It will push you to your physical limits at first. I'm 4 weeks in and I want to give up. My back is shot to hell, my feet and blistered to hell and back...and my ankles are so sore, I can barely walk. Today it rained so heavily I was wet through in aatter of minutes. RM don't supply weather proof jackets to new starters, so I walked for miles in the pissing rain in a T-shirt....by the time o got home o was freezing and shivering....I was literally wet to the bone. Not to put you off, but I wish I'd never started with RM. The managers don't give a f*** about their staff. As long as they hit their targets and get their bonuses....that's all that matter to them. Good luck mate....you'll need it

Notice period

10 Aug 2018, 15:53

CC22 wrote:
Jacko29 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Used to be a week, but apparently new starters contracts are different and it may have been changed to 4 weeks, best to recheck your contract.
If it's that bad then just walk, many have.


Why do people just give up and leave? I’m going to be starting soon and this is making me worried


People start with RM thinking it's great hours, great pay....easy work, etc.....it's not. It will push you to your physical limits at first. I'm 4 weeks in and I want to give up. My back is shot to hell, my feet and blistered to hell and back...and my ankles are so sore, I can barely walk. Today it rained so heavily I was wet through in aatter of minutes. RM don't supply weather proof jackets to new starters, so I walked for miles in the pissing rain in a T-shirt....by the time o got home o was freezing and shivering....I was literally wet to the bone. Not to put you off, but I wish I'd never started with RM. The managers don't give a f*** about their staff. As long as they hit their targets and get their bonuses....that's all that matter to them. Good luck mate....you'll need it


Hi, I’m on week 5 and although the first 2 weeks were hard I’m now over any pain etc, my back can be sore but then someone in DO said I should use the trolley for each loop. Not had any rain yet but they lent me a jacket in case it does but apparently it’s rubbish anyway, at least that’s what they told me. So sorry to hear the way you are feeling, I prefer this job to my old one! My managers are alright as well, overall I’m liking it! Hope things turn around for you!! A girl who started same week as me left last week as she couldn’t hack it!

Notice period

14 Oct 2019, 00:23

I’m on week 2, I just think is disgusting have to keep chasing up my OT paid, as well as on 22 hrs contract, plus like you said they don’t provide waterproof clothes for the 1st 6 weeks. In general I think it is a good place to work, but because on the s**t contract hours that put me off working already. I swear no body wanting to keep nagging the manager about their paid. Also the holiday entitlement for part timer, I only get 8 days off in total not plus any bank holiday.

Notice period

14 Oct 2019, 13:21

I'm a month in, don't think it has stopped raining since I started. I have a walking duty,on my own and covering 13+miles per day with a HCT. So wet one day the dye ran out of my shorts through to my underwear! It's very physical work but I'm not aching as much as I did at the start. On the plus side I have lost about 6lb in weight! I am enjoying the job but wished i had a van or a second person with me as there is no way I can complete on time alone. So I have lots of overtime that sadly I am also having to chase as it's not being paid correctly. I have my own waterproof jacket but still get soaked. It's early days and the way I see it if I can get through the worst time of the year weather wise, a heavy walking duty and with christmas on the horizon the rest should be easy right???

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1