ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Newbie - 3 weeks in

Introduce yourself to the RMC community.Introductions only please, use the other forums for your query if you have one. This is an open forum.
Corky_Cl

Newbie - 3 weeks in

Post by Corky_Cl »

Hi,

New to the forum and new to Royal Mail. 3 weeks in as a Postie. I work out of a nice little SPDO in Northants. I am enjoying it, but by god it's gruelling. Done 15 walks now - all around the 12-14 km mark. The round I am on is all walking with a HCT trolley (and bag), with a fairly long push out and slightly shorter walk back (when empty).

First week and a half I was absolutely knackered. Had to go to bed when I got home. Whole body ached, especially the top of my left foot just behind the toes, which was swollen. Then my back hurt, and then my glutes. This has eased off now, and the aches and pains are lessening on a daily basis.

Now I'm just having blister issues, so getting through loads of compeed.

Any tips on footwear? I am currently wearing Skechers slip in trainers they are comfortable but do move about a bit, so that's why I'm blistering. I do have Royal Mail trainers now, but have not worn them yet as I've ordered some Sorbothane insoles and I'm waiting for them to come from Amazon. Other days I wear Black Nike trainers - these seem to be better some days, as due to the laces they grip the foot. Would be interested to hear what other Posties recommend or are wearing?

Hoping things will get better with the feet. As I say I am enjoying it and the health benefits are brilliant. Lost nearly a stone in the 3 weeks. But I am 53, and the mileage is a shock to these middle aged bones and feet. Probably the best words to describe the job at the moment are gruelling and arduous!

moonjaguar

Re: Newbie - 3 weeks in

Post by moonjaguar »

;liar :left: :wave
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

moonjaguar wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 19:27
;liar :left: :wave
:hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm

Why.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired
Corky_Cl

Post by Corky_Cl »

So what's with the Liar emoji? Explain please?