ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Induction online

Introduce yourself to the RMC community.Introductions only please, use the other forums for your query if you have one. This is an open forum.
WilliamJS

Induction online

Post by WilliamJS »

Hello. My official start date is next Thursday and I’ve been told I can do it online but it’s advised that I do it on a laptop or tablet instead of a phone. Is this true? Or can I just use my phone? Cheers

yellowbelly

Re: Induction online

Post by yellowbelly »

WilliamJS wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 16:17
Hello. My official start date is next Thursday and I’ve been told I can do it online but it’s advised that I do it on a laptop or tablet instead of a phone. Is this true? Or can I just use my phone? Cheers
Perhaps it's not been designed with phones in mind and functionality might not work? Not sure, hopefully someone with recent experience might know....
Lombax

Post by Lombax »

Hi, i'm relatively new here but I took the induction online about 6 months ago. You'll probably find it difficult to navigate the websites that they send you with a phone. There was a zoom meeting in the morning and one in the mid afternoon, otherwise its just reading about the job and answering questions through the RM intranet, so certainly not difficult. I think there is a code that you have to take note of at the beginning and 'end' of the day in order to get paid.
WilliamJS

Post by WilliamJS »

Hi thanks for reply. I’ll have to borrow my gfs laptop then. Who am I talking to on the zoom meeting? Does it start at 9.30 exactly? Just wondering how long I need to sit at a laptop for. Cheers