ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Brand New Postie

Introduce yourself to the RMC community.Introductions only please, use the other forums for your query if you have one. This is an open forum.
Postie2024

Brand New Postie

Post by Postie2024 »

Hello everyone, I found out today that I have become a postie with driving and I start in a week or so. Im over the moon and have put my notice of resignation in at my current job. I was looking at this site an awful lot during the recruitment process for any tips which proved to be extremely useful so thanks to everyone on here who has helped me along the way. Now ive got the job I thought id join in on here

BenacreNick

Re: Brand New Postie

Post by BenacreNick »

Welcome and best of luck to you :Applause
lizardking

Post by lizardking »

Postie2024 wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 15:38
Hello everyone, I found out today that I have become a postie with driving and I start in a week or so. Im over the moon and have put my notice of resignation in at my current job. I was looking at this site an awful lot during the recruitment process for any tips which proved to be extremely useful so thanks to everyone on here who has helped me along the way. Now ive got the job I thought id join in on here
Piggybacking just to say Hi too, as I'm a New Starter also, but I'm just about to complete my first week.

In my week running upto start date, I was dead nervous given some of the posts you might read here or over on Reddit,

But I've found my DO to be very well organised and up-to-date, and everyone extremely friendly, approachable, patient, helpful, knowledgeable.

For me, I don't think I could ask for better Delivery Office Managers, or dedicated Work Place Coach, so I genuinely hope I'm not in the lone here, and sincerely hope you get all the support in the moderately steep learning curve you'll need and deserve!
BenacreNick

Post by BenacreNick »

Hey Lizardking, welcome.

it's about finding your feet and then finding your own way as well.

It's a lot to learn and and does take time.

Best of luck to you too :cuppa
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

lizardking wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 13:30
Postie2024 wrote:
Piggybacking just to say Hi too, as I'm a New Starter also, but I'm just about to complete my first week.

In my week running upto start date, I was dead nervous given some of the posts you might read here or over on Reddit,

But I've found my DO to be very well organised and up-to-date, and everyone extremely friendly, approachable, patient, helpful, knowledgeable.

For me, I don't think I could ask for better Delivery Office Managers, or dedicated Work Place Coach, so I genuinely hope I'm not in the lone here, and sincerely hope you get all the support in the moderately steep learning curve you'll need and deserve!
Nice to know Simon Thompson has a new job :nana
Sean06

Post by Sean06 »

qwerty2 wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 07:44
lizardking wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 13:30
Postie2024 wrote:

Nice to know Simon Thompson has a new job :nana
Ffs why is that people who join an say they like the job get abused.an yet all those who hate it come on here an moan about it just leave ffs.
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

Were you here when that scumbag was in charge?
Calling us lazy and greedy for going on strike!
When we worked in the pandemic and made £600m profit and they gave it to shareholders :arrrghhh
lizardking

Post by lizardking »

qwerty2 wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 13:37
When we worked in the pandemic
I worked pandemic, just not for Royal. It was boomtime, printing money.

Made so much, so quickly, so easily, that my logistics-niche industry simply wasn't going to last forever.

Now I'm picking up the slack for Afternoons and Weekends that old-schoolers don't want. That's fine by me.

Simon Thompson called "you" lazy. Now you accuse me of being "Simon Thompson" for praising colleagues with character and care.

Cool dude, you be you, free country so express yourself. But there's a lot of vitriol online.

It's not helpful, because that workload isn't going away.

The opposite. That workload is growing, and it's at the times-of-day Historic Contract's don't+won't serve.

What's being offered by Royal isn't Independent Worker Model, and it's not 0-Hours.

Yes I benefit from the CWU's efforts and all those who've cooperatively participated.

But the CWU green-flagged Pro-Rata Contracts, so... AFAIC, better than anything I've been offered in the past.

It's now the CWU's and Historic Contract Employees responsibility to get themselves inline with what's changed, why, and how to encourage participation amongst the new recruitment strategy for frontline posties.

And if the environment's not for me in 6months, 1year, 2years... I'm off:

When your contract is 40hours, you command with your strike.

When your contract is <30hrs+Over, you command with your wallet.
Last edited by lizardking on 25 Feb 2024, 16:31, edited 3 times in total.
Sean06

Post by Sean06 »

qwerty2 wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 13:37
Were you here when that scumbag was in charge?
Calling us lazy and greedy for going on strike!
When we worked in the pandemic and made £600m profit and they gave it to shareholders :arrrghhh
Was on strike too cuz the person likes the job why compare him to that twat.