ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

NEW START

Introduce yourself to the RMC community.Introductions only please, use the other forums for your query if you have one. This is an open forum.
Technician14

NEW START

Post by Technician14 »

Hi Guys new start 1 month ago. Semi retired so part time. Going well enjoying it. Just one thing though I’m constantly having to chase my Manager for the next weeks shifts.
I realise when you’re new in a place it’s slim picking but should we not get our shifts at least a couple of weeks in advance? Thanks .

BenacreNick

Re: NEW START

Post by BenacreNick »

Check your notice board / duties board Technician.

Next week's duties should be pinned up on Wednesday's.

If it's not, then build a relationship/ understanding with the book room or duty room, asking for notification of your duty on Wednesday. :cuppa
SMS1969

Post by SMS1969 »

It’s how it goes for new starts,when I started I sometimes never knew from one day to the next where I’d be, never mind the next week. Daft things like prepping a duty then being sent to another office just before you go out.Go with the flow, as annoying as it is. It should settle down after a while, when you get to know a few duties. Glad you are enjoying it.👍
Technician14

Post by Technician14 »

Thanks for the reply’s guys they’re appreciated 👍 yeah I’m new to the job but not to life I know how it works. I expect to be working almost every Saturday and I’m fine with that but my day off during week would be nice to know😂 again, thanks for the reply 👍
guardianangel

Post by guardianangel »

Welcome to Royal Mail nothing makes sense or runs smoothly, decades of inept managers,not is all what it seems,glad your enjoying it so far and good luck.