ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Short lived

Introduce yourself to the RMC community.Introductions only please, use the other forums for your query if you have one. This is an open forum.
Technician14

Short lived

Post by Technician14 »

Started as a Postie 3 weeks ago. Semi retired and thought “yeah a postman, out and about plenty fresh air and exercise .
In reality no training thrown straight in at the deep end. No meal breaks no toilet breaks colleagues too busy to show you anything got their own job to do.
First day our partner says to me “ best leave your phone in depot incase you lose it” as a 57 year old man I said that’s ok I’m sure it’ll be fine. He then says “ well you’ve no time to make phone calls. Seriously 😂 . The RM is a total joke. I’d be interested to know how many new starts pack it in within a month. Respect for the guys who have been in 10,20, 30 years how the hell do you do it🤷‍♀️ my advice to anyone thinking about applying is don’t . Unless you really need a job then there are plenty better out there. As I say a short stay but you’d have to be crazy to stay 😂 good luck to you all 👍

richietns

Re: Short lived

Post by richietns »

Just do us a favour tell Joe public how strenuous the job is in reality,they think we skip round with one bag to do all day and 20 parcels.
Technician14

Re: Short lived

Post by Technician14 »

I’ve made everyone aware of how demanding the job is. Despite my moaning I loved being out on the road was just the lack of training and the not giving a F attitude of “management “ that done me. Life’s too short m8. Hats off to you all. Don’t know how you put up with it👍