ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New Start

Introduce yourself to the RMC community.Introductions only please, use the other forums for your query if you have one. This is an open forum.
Technician14

New Start

Post by Technician14 »

Hi all starting on Monday with the “at home” stuff. Into the Depo Tuesday for I imaging an induction. How soon will I be expected to go “live” on the job?

BenacreNick

Re: New Start

Post by BenacreNick »

It used to be a couple of days training/shadowing. Then it's time to go it alone.

However if you wish for a longer training period, then ask for it. :cuppa
Technician14

Post by Technician14 »

Thanks for the reply 👍
SMS1969

Post by SMS1969 »

Technician14 wrote:
26 Oct 2023, 14:41
Hi all starting on Monday with the “at home” stuff. Into the Depo Tuesday for I imaging an induction. How soon will I be expected to go “live” on the job?
When I started a couple of years back, I was delivering on the Wednesday, two days after starting.
Technician14

Post by Technician14 »

That’s pretty much what I think will happen. Might as well get on with it. Learn as you go. Thanks for the reply 👍
Pilky

Seniority

Post by Pilky »

If you work for Royal Mail for 1year and leave then come back 3 years later what seniority do you have
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by fb1969 »

Zero, you lose seniority when you leave the company. But you would retain one year's service towards added leave days, assuming the new contract gives any extra leave days.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.