ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hello!

Introduce yourself to the RMC community.Introductions only please, use the other forums for your query if you have one. This is an open forum.
Smoothbackground

Hello!

Post by Smoothbackground »

Hello all!

I’ve been doing parcel shifts at various delivery offices in London for just under a year now. I started as a permanent Royal Mail employee on Monday (40-hr contract) so now I feel like I finally qualify to register for this forum! I come from an Amazon driver background, so the RM parcel delivery workload, pay and benefits etc is actually a nice surprise! I’ve been at this DO through agency for a few months anyway, pretty much full time, so it makes the learning curve a smidgeon less steep – but I have SO much to learn!

First impressions? The online induction was beset with tech glitches and issues. With the exception of a 10-minute video on mail integrity, the whole thing was a complete waste of five hours – to the point that some people were writing things like “this is rubbish” in the interactive comments! That’s not a reflection on the HR people doing the induction on the Teams call, who were quite professional and pleasanr - just the videos and the training content in the videos were completely irrelevant, plus the activities they had devised couldn’t be seen by us at the other end, meaning we couldn’t participate or couldn’t see what they were trying to share on the screen!

As for on the job itself? Thankfully the guy showing me the ropes has a real knack to it – he should be a teacher (or magician!). He is actually teaching two of us at the same time! And everyone else has been very welcoming. Even some of the old timers who used to blank me when I was agency now smile or say hello!

Anyway, that’s enough from me!

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Hello!

Post by POSTMAN »

Welcome to Royal Mail. :crazy: :nana
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.