ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hi

Introduce yourself to the RMC community.Introductions only please, use the other forums for your query if you have one. This is an open forum.
Posterer

Hi

Post by Posterer »

Hi all, have been a temp at local DO for the last 6 months, but now got a contract, not a great one but a contract none the less, so will be a fully fledged postie as of Monday :) Well kind of a postie, I only deliver parcels not normal mail.

Numberone63
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Hi

Post by Numberone63 »

hi. After 14 years and 6 months I’m going. Good luck. The job is ‘effed
Posterer

Post by Posterer »

I hear a lot of the posties talking about how the job isn’t what it used to be etc, but it’s all new to me so I’m only used to the way it is. I’m basically a van driving courier, in our DO the parcels, anything that won’t go straight through a letterbox, have been separated from the normal mail, that’s what I deliver.
John james

Post by John james »

Posterer wrote:
14 Sep 2023, 23:54
I hear a lot of the posties talking about how the job isn’t what it used to be etc, but it’s all new to me so I’m only used to the way it is. I’m basically a van driving courier, in our DO the parcels, anything that won’t go straight through a letterbox, have been separated from the normal mail, that’s what I deliver.
So ur on a parcel duty everyday ???

Wait till a postie goes sick. Then they will put u on a random walk. Fun fun fun :nana
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by aiden01 »

John james wrote:
16 Sep 2023, 19:48
Posterer wrote:

Wait till a postie goes sick. Then they will put u on a random walk. Fun fun fun :nana
Why would they thought parcels were a priority..
SMS1969

Post by SMS1969 »

Posterer wrote:
Welcome.

What will your hours be?
Posterer

Post by Posterer »

John james wrote:
16 Sep 2023, 19:48
Posterer wrote:

They used to use us occasionally when we were temps I even did a couple of walks myself when I first started, but apparently they're not allowed to since we got contracts. Also I mainly do LATs, which are higher priority than normal parcels.
Posterer

Post by Posterer »

SMS1969 wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 09:48
Posterer wrote:
Welcome.

What will your hours be?
The contract is 25 hours, but I estimate I'll be doing closer to 40 with overtime.