ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hello!

Introduce yourself to the RMC community.Introductions only please, use the other forums for your query if you have one. This is an open forum.
FLO11thom

Hello!

Post by FLO11thom »

Hello, my name is Sue and considering applying for a job with RM.

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Hello!

Post by POSTMAN »

I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
BenacreNick

Post by BenacreNick »

Go for it Sue
Technician14

Post by Technician14 »

Do yourself a favour and don’t apply. Absolute disgrace of a company . Little or no training, straight into the job like a fish out of water. No meal breaks, Hope you can hold your urine in for hours on end as there’s nowhere/time to P. Your work mates are too busy to look after you they’re trying to do their own work . Honestly unless you really need the job I run away from it as far as you can🤷‍♀️
clashcityrocker

Post by clashcityrocker »

Every office should have a work place coach who should provide you with training and answer any questions you may have.
There is always time for a meal break and every route should have a designated toilet stop.

I am sorry your experience hasn't met these standards but they are the basics every unit should offer.
Why not phone up Robin Hood
Technician14

Post by Technician14 »

I absolutely agree but there were no “toilet stops” certainly not one I’d been made aware of. Meal break? Seriously? Not a chance. Don’t know where you work but not a hope of even 5 mins where I was. Even told on my first day not to take my my phone as there were no time for phone calls 😂 yeah sure no problem you clown 😂😂😂
Technician14

Post by Technician14 »

P.S the clown part was aimed at the guy who told me to leave phone in depot not at you 😂😂😂
clashcityrocker

Post by clashcityrocker »

The meal break is a legal requirement even if you are not being paid for it.
Taking it or not is a choice.

There is always time for a meal relief. There might not be enough time to complete the allocated workload.
Why not phone up Robin Hood
SMS1969

Post by SMS1969 »

There will always be somewhere for a toilet break, supermarkets, coffee shops, pubs and public toilets etc-and if not you head back to the d.o. Disgraceful how some of these posties rush around without giving consideration to their work colleagues, who just seem to be in their way.
Technician14

Post by Technician14 »

Agree. I had 2 different “workmates” in my 3 weeks both exactly the same . No phones no meal break no returns for toilet absolutely nothing. It’s like they has a frontal lobotomy and programmed to deliver letter like robots . I was stunned that grown men could be brainwashed like that. Strange.