ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Abled bodied staff parking in disabled bays

Introduce yourself to the RMC community.Introductions only please, use the other forums for your query if you have one. This is an open forum.
Tom87

Abled bodied staff parking in disabled bays

Post by Tom87 »

Good evening,

My partner and I work at leeds mail centre. She is a disabled employee with a blue badge. Over the past 3 weeks we have been unable to get a disabled parking bay due to abled bodied staff members parking in disabled bays illegally (some with handwritten notes saying they are allowed to park there without a disabled badge).

Managers and union reps don’t seem to want to deal with this issue and Leeds city council have said they have no jurisdiction due to it being a private car park.

Does Royal Mail get extra money for providing disabled bays at their car park facilities? If so I find it extremely disrespectful to all disabled employees and I would like to take legal action against this discrimination. Would you feel this is the best course of action too?

Thank you very much for your time.

Tom

BenacreNick

Re: Abled bodied staff parking in disabled bays

Post by BenacreNick »

Hey Tom, it's a big no no down here. :no no

We have 1x disabled parking bay space, which is to be used by the persons that need it.

Thankfully it's always been respected in that way.