ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Dogs in the workplace?

Introduce yourself to the RMC community.Introductions only please, use the other forums for your query if you have one. This is an open forum.
Birnside

Dogs in the workplace?

Post by Birnside »

I know there is a lot of focus on Dogs, but what is Royal Mail’s stance on bringing dogs into the workplace?

Some companies allow it, and even promote it post Covid, and some companies don’t allow it full stop. Now, with Royal Mail focusing on dogs attacking posties being one side of the coin, I do know of a manager and a postman who both occasionally bring dogs into the workplace into the office, and out on delivery with no problems or questions ever being raised at all? To the local community it is a bit of a novelty that the postman has a dog instead of a cat!😂
Apparently there being no rules within RM stating that it can’t be done.
So, is it ok or not, and at what level is such a decision made?

Thanks.

Woody Guthrie

Re: Dogs in the workplace?

Post by Woody Guthrie »

It's definitely not okay.
It could potentially put the business at risk of legal liability should the dog attack another member of staff or simply cause someone to have an allergic reaction.
Only dead fish follow the current
smok3y666

Post by smok3y666 »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
29 Jul 2022, 16:27
It's definitely not okay.
It could potentially put the business at risk of legal liability should the dog attack another member of staff or simply cause someone to have an allergic reaction.
There's one or 2 i'd let my dogs savage at our depot.
Dorset Plodder

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Used to have a DOM who thought is was great to bring her dog into the office. So a few of the Posties decided they'd bring their dogs in as well. FFS it was like Bloody Battersea dogs home with the noisy bastards Barking & Snapping at each other. :arrrghhh Needless to say EVERYONE was told to stop bringing their dogs in. :thumbup

One of The Old Gits still used to take his dog out on deliver in his van. Everyone used hate being his Day Off Cover. :speak to the hand They used to have to decontaminate the van every time as it stank of dog and was covered in dog hairs! Mind you so was he. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)