ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Introduce yourself to the RMC community.Introductions only please, use the other forums for your query if you have one. This is an open forum.
COOKIEMONSTER9

Post by COOKIEMONSTER9 »

Hey! Wanting a bit of advice!

I'm going to be starting next Tuesday in Surrey.

I am nervous because I stupidly read horror stories on reddit.

I am on a 30hour contract etc, all that jazz.

My concern being is that I just want to go in, do the job and get out at the time I finish at. I'll put in the work but I hoping this is a job that I can essentially leave at the depot. No drama. In & out.
Am I crazy in thinking this isn't the case? Or at least half way to expectations.

I dont want overtime. I'm just looking for a 'stress' free role that the moment I leave the depot, I'm done for the day.

What am I to really expect overall?

BenacreNick

Re: Newbie

Post by BenacreNick »

Yes you'll been fine Cookie.

Give yourself a couple of weeks "bedding in time", as it takes a little while to get up to speed.

Best of luck. :cuppa
Foxel

Re: Newbie

Post by Foxel »

COOKIEMONSTER9 wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 23:49

I dont want overtime. I'm just looking for a 'stress' free role that the moment I leave the depot, I'm done for the day.

What am I to really expect overall?
Well, your contract is 30 hours so you'll expect to do 6 hours a day. But they will put you on duties that are 7 hours plus, that you'll be expect to finish. That's before overtime.

Overtime can depend on your manager, partner and your stubbornness. You might find yourself being bullied into doing it.
I'm turning purple!