ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Receipts?

Post Office® discussion forum for our Post Office® colleagues from Crown, Franchise to Sub Post Offices.
mahrm1

Receipts?

Post by mahrm1 »

Hi all,

What type of receipt should I be asking for when I take a prepaid signed for letter or parcel to a Post Office? The reason I am asking is because recently someone new has taken over the branch that I use and when I have taken a signed for letter or parcel they just scan the barcode and give me a receipt which just shows the barcode only, I said to them that is not the usual receipt I get, they told me this is how they have done it previously and it is called a speed bump receipt?

They had to stick another barcode label over the old one and do me a new receipt which I use to get and which is more detailed.

I went in again the other day and the same happened but with another staff member, this time though I got a speed bump receipt and another receipt showing the building number and postcode. I told them again this is not the receipt I wanted and got told the same line again, this is how they have done it previously. So again they had to stick another barcode label over the old one and do me a new receipt which I use to get and which is more detailed.

Previous owner and staff that run it give me a receipt showing the prepaid amount, service used, weight and barcode.

I hope someone can advise me.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my post.

Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Receipts?

Post by Snaggletooth »

*Speed Bulk*. This is only supposed to be used when the customer has a manifest showing the address that the item is going to. It is only supposed to be used for customers who send multiple items most days, generally small businesses.

If the above does not sound like you, you need to get a proof of posting which shows the destination addresses or you may have trouble with Royal Mail / eBay claims.